1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yo Solarte

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by T_Schroll, Dec 29, 2007.

1. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Not to speak for Solarte, but it doesn't make any sense.

3. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

just reporting a rumor and asking for confirmation is all

4. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

FWI a smiler rumor is on anther site.Btw did John Fox went to ucla?

5. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

Disagree. I think you could make sense of this from a couple different vantage points.

It makes sense for UCLA seeing as their prime nemesis is Pete Carroll. Countering a former NFL coach with another one - and one whose NFL career was more successful - could be a smart tactic.

It makes sense for Fox because UCLA is a big time program that could likely pay him just as handsomely as an NFL team might while giving him more control than he'd have in Carolina. Add in that he'd be coaching college kids, which many would say is much easier than coaching paid adults who have agents and egos.

Does it make sense for the Panthers? Depends on how you feel about Fox, but outside of negotiating terms of a buyout, if Fox really wants to go I'm not sure they can stop him. For that matter, why fight to keep a guy who doesn't want to be here (if that's the case)?

None of this is to say the story is definitely true. I have no idea how reliable this report is except to say that CSTV is legit. It's not like this is coming from some guy blogging out of his mom's basement.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but I would say it's at least plausible.

6. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Sounds weird but I guess there could be some truth in it. With the way Fox loves conservative football I'm not sure how he would do in the college game today. Everything in college today seems to be the spread offense or some variation of it. I'm not sure Foxie would be up to brand of football.

For my part I don't understand why UCLA is so mediocre in football. Great location, public university and good facilities not to mention the weather. That should be a recruiting gold mine, especially in California. Maybe instead of Fox they should be looking at Mike Leach of Texas Tech...

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    this would be under the expectation that Fox is fired. I know it's happened in the last couple of years, but Fox isn't the type to just jump ship, and certainly not for a college job.

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I think he went to San Diego State.

9. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

Not unheard of for guys to quit or jump ship to keep from being fired.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted this either, and at this point it's still just rumor, but I admit I'm open to the possibility.

Supposing it does happen? Given their 'package deal' status, what happens to Hurney? Not likely he goes to UCLA, but it's hard to imagine the Panthers keeping him if they let Fox go.

At that point, do we start talking about guys like Randy Mueller, Rich McKay and others?

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Well, there was that Oakland thing.