1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yet to hear one person....

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Hammer, Oct 10, 2005.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Pain, Inc.

....comment on how gutty of a win that was Sunday.

Down 20-10. Force a turnover, punch it in. Defense holds, and offense drives the length of the field for a touchdown.

That's pretty damn gutty, no matter who the fuck you're playing. Ask any coach in the NFL, and they'll tell you that there's no such thing as an easy win.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm glad we won, but I don't think we turned it up as much in the second half as Green Bay did in the 4th quarter against us. Winning the games when you play poorly (which is inevitable) is great, but I still want to see improvement.

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

The 94 yard drive was killer.

The whole game was just wierd, though. The backbone of the 94 yard drive was the Foster screen (we're running good screens!) and the penalty.

I just can't get jacked on this team. I was jacked after New England.

I 'feel' like we play to our competition. I have ZERO confidence that we'll not blow a lead or choke. The whole game. I have no confidence that we'll beat up on Detroit.

I think our inability to run the ball well has me down. I don't think we've run this poorly since Siefert. We DO NOT control the tempo of any games.

Anyway - I didn't mean to kill your thread. I'm just wondering what it is about this year, about finally being above .500, that has me so uninspired.

Imma call it our ability to run, and therefore dictate the tempo.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I started my "thoughts" thread with the comment that good teams win when they play bad.

I do not think this team has started playing well at all though. It is still on cruise control except for Smith. Our running game is weak, our other receivers are not doing much, our pass rush is anemic, our secondary is adequate at best so far. We have not played like a team that is going to win its division or make noise in the playoffs all year. We are 3-2 though so we have time to get it together.

5. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

ugly is the word

6. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Yes, it was gutty. I was mostly thinking how nice it was to win when we played badly, but you're right.

7. GRWatcher

GRWatcher Member

Statesville>>>north of Charlotte, west of Winston-
    I saw the same John Fox on the sideline in the 2nd quarter that I saw last year in the San Fran game .... pissed. He gave them hell at half time then too just like yesterday. After that game, we had our season on a roll. Maybe this game is the kick in the pants the players need to pull it together and to play to their potential, not down to the team we're playing against.

But, yeah, it was a gustsy, hard fought win. Short week, long trip, hot field. Everyone stepped up and the coaches didn't hesitate to make adjustments in the 2nd half. Now if we can only begin games like that!

8. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

Good win? Any win is good. Gutty? Gutty to me is winning close vs. a team that youre supposed to lose to. Had Arizona beaten us, or stalled our comback, it woulda been a gutty win.

I call that doing what the fuck we shouldve been doing the whole game long. We adjusted. Im going to do another cartwheel at the damn thought of that, and send Trgovac a fucking sandwich.

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

there is a beauty in this griping....its looking for ways to get better after a win. I do like that feeling very much. Never be satisfied.

10. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

No question, solarte. Never happy. I know Im sledomly happy, but Ill tell ya what. Im greatful. Thats a better word. Im greatful when we win, but I dont know that Ive been happy all that much.