1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

yet another FS thread!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, May 6, 2004.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    They don't measure things like TDs against, not readily anyway. It'd also be safe to say that Grant got more targets in that time, and made more mistakes, notably in the first year and a half (stacking against a guy who doesn't gamble, who'd played his 5th-7th years in that span). Those aren't as easy to measure. But for the most part, I felt he was an asset, a big one.

Yeah, some do factor very heavily that Grant made some mistakes early on. He didn't immediately become the playmaker I thought he'd be, though a year early to the pros and a year's injury will do that to a player. I do think that his pros heavily outweigh the cons that are mostly in his past, and that he's continuing to grow into a player.

I think to some, the stigma of Anderson carries over as well, for various reasons that have nothing to do with Grant at all.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am curious to see if he plays well in Jacksonville or falls off a lot. I know Jacksonville has a decent defense but I do not think it is as good as ours.

I will settle for someone good in coverage. I think we can stop the run OK without help from the safeties as long as Morgan is healthy.

3. 45catfan

45catfan Wheat Beer Connoisseur

Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald said in his last Panthers' update that Tillman will get the first crack at starting FS. I think we all kind of guessed that, but having someone actually put it in writing gives the idea a sense of certainty. Personally, I think Branch is still too inexperienced for the starting job.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Atleast we are deeper at corner now and can help protect the free safety better. I see us playing more of three corners and one safety this year. Manning, Gamble, Wesley, Shaw, Hawkins, Minter, Tillman, Branch should be able to give us four decent dbs.

5. lharris537

lharris537 Full Access Member

Make a play!

Don't count out Hampton, a guy who can go to the ball, even if he has a couple years on most of the others.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    He's got size, and is rangy. Played in 13 games with Philly, something that's forgotten by most.

I'd rather him stick than us simply keep the most expensive and the draft pick...we've got 600k+ in Tillman, Cooper, and 800k+ in Richardson, and then Branch.

7. fostermvp2006

fostermvp2006 Junior Member

the front office needs to look into acquiring jason sehorn of the st. louis rams- he could bring that veteran experience to a young secondary while also providing some TALENT

8. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

:nono: :scared2: :laugh1: :rofl: :saywhat: :roflmao: :drunk:

10. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

Thanks man I needed a good laugh.