1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

yet another FS thread!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, May 6, 2004.

1. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

Yeah, but don't alot of veteren CBs make the move over to S later in there careers?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't have much written down on him. Looked good in preseason last year. Very rangy, active as a CB deep, so could fit at FS.

>>Yeah, but don't alot of veteren CBs make the move over to S later in there careers?

A few. A bunch of others get mentioned as such, because people like to talk about such things. Most times the player just burns out before that happens, or clings to CB enough that it ends his career, or like Sehorn, tries it and sucks.

3. KrisJenkins77

Sehorn:drool: Good point. But then, who's the best option right now in your opinion?

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Probably Branch, if only because he's the guy we'd be most willing to take mistakes from. Honestly, two years from now I'd be surprised if any of these safeties are starting at FS.

5. KrisJenkins77

True. I've got my fingers crossed that we might find a good veteren come June 1st that won't want alot of money to come here, then again, I live in a dream world.

6. rake

rake Need one of these

Oh, you mean like Deon Grant!?!? It's so frustrating that we had our only starting caliber NFL FS who would have been affordable and essentially "traded" him for an injury prone OL who won't even be here in a couple of years (less?). :teeth:

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

In what respect?

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Follows direction very well, can't as easily interpret on the same level. SS, even in an open scheme like cover two in the event that we're playing it more, has more "responsibility" in the manner of being told what to do in the situation. The FS doesn't.
    Plus, he's that typical hitter rather than the typical guy who can cover in man or make a break on the ball. Not to say that hitters must be SS, because that'd be untrue. He just doesn't have the stuff to be a guy who'll run with a guy - he'll always have to trail.

Doesn't mean he's an especially poor fit for FS, I just feel his playing style is a better SS than FS, much like Minter's, though Minter's shown to have an intense football IQ, where Branch hasn't shown that.

9. TOTALPACKAGE

TOTALPACKAGE VOODOO MEMBER

49ers free safety available

General manager Terry Donahue confirmed over the weekend that the 49ers will release starting free safety Zack Bronson after June 1, when the team can soften the impact against its 2004 salary cap. A seven-year veteran who started in 12 games in 2003, Bronson was excused from the team's weekend minicamp

Is Bronson any good?

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Head and shoulders better than any FS we've got on the roster right now...

Holy cow. I wonder who they'll be starting at FS? :thinking: