1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

yet another draft exercise

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Nov 27, 2003.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Thanks Math, for geeking up a draft thread that was hard to geek any further.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Maybe you shouldn't start these kinds of threads, then. Details, Mags. It's all in the details. :D

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

The thread's fine. The symantics aren't a large focus, but I can certainly play these stupid little math games.

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Aw jeez. I thought we were trying to battle complacency here? Isn't looking ahead to the draft being a little complacent?

5. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Back to the topic...

I think that crazy Canadian draft dude chenged the link, I wanted to revisit my draft selcteiond and the link ain't going to the same place, Thoughts on Vasher' day?

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

That has nothing to do with complacency, since I and others who have any idea of the draft mid-season talked it at 8-3 and talked it at 1-10.

Colin Lindsay? I thought he was at gbnreport.com
    I didn't see Vasher, only heard him. Heard him get faked by a good hip-fake. A little concerning that he wasn't that great today, but I'll probably defer to what Pauline says about it here after while since I didn't see him.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  7. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I found it..

Sorry, it was right (the link)

wanted to find away to move Clayton into my draft but alas they him top 25. so I guess i'll stick with Robinson at #1, but I'll keep an eye on Webster as the final weeks unfold, he's back to back with Robinson on my list.

I'll keep with what I had. (for now)

8. Piper

Piper phishin member

Hope everybody got all fat and happy this weekend. I did.

:)

26. Dunta Robinson CB 6-0, 185 South Carolina

As the leader of this train, i'd like to say, "All aboard the Dunta bandwagon. TOOT TOOT!"

57. Dervey Henderson WR WR 5-11, 190 LSU

Might mean we keep Moose, or get a similar player in FA. A pure burner, I think he can make a Chris Chambers type impact.

92. Max Starks OT 6-6, 350 Florida

Penance for getting a corner and WR in the first two rounds. Starter for 2005 at Right Tackle.

123. Greg Taplin DE 6-5, 255 Michigan State

Keep feeding your strength and keep our rotations strong.

154. Arnold Parker DB 6-2, 210 Utah

We llike those utes. A former Mr. Utah, I found this write up on him "He is unquestionably one of the Utes' best players and is a difference maker on the defensive side. He has great speed and strength and can also play corner and even linebacker. The coaches want to move Parker around some but plan to keep him on the field at all times"

The above gives us a starting shut down corner, help at WR with big play ability, a developmental run blocking tackle, some rotation help at DE, and a strong defender of the type of safety we seem to want to employ.

Obviously, linebacker is completely neglected, so that's where our FA money will have to go.

Only one surefire starter up front, though I have to assume Henderson would see a bunch of three wide sets. But we get 4 potential long term starters.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

>>Might mean we keep Moose, or get a similar player in FA. A pure burner, I think he can make a Chris Chambers type impact.

Interesting.
    Yeah, getting somebody who can take Moose's starting spot in a year does seem to be what the team will want. Starks could develop as we've talked about.
    Yeah, just one starter, but we need to bring back most of our starters. And leave Howard. So that doesn't bring many spots to fill immediately. Therefore we gotta get impact from our backups.