1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yet another draft exe.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Mar 27, 2004.

1. luchadore

luchadore A joke is a serious thing

Andrews reminds me of Aaron Gibson loads of talent but he could never keep his weight down enough to be effective.

2. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

No money. Its not worth the trouble of mailing it. You can do an I told you so dance if you win. I said 47 or so, so lets say 50 to use round numbers.

He may fall as a CB, but he should go by then just as a S. What I was really objecting to is them having him at 94. Unless he's injured, tests positive for drugs, or is arrested, there is no way.

3. Piper

Piper phishin member

I neither feel that strongly or decidedly about it to post a dancing bannana. you said you were willing to bet, and with UCONN and Duke still in it, I'm feeling my oats a bit. And its so long before I can bet on any football. I don't have a problem, I swear...... :)

He's an interesting prospect, but there's so much risk that goes with a tweener like that. I considered a second rounder on him myself on my first mock, just because of his size would work well opposite Manning, if he were to develop. And I don't feel any better about the other iffy small school corners like Smith. And then there's the fact that I'm parrotting a great deal here, and that always makes me feel less comforatable. I'm biased to what I've seen, so that may be why I'm so divided over players like him. East Coast bias, on a team that really didn't get a lot of press.

I'm living temporarily out in Cali. I can understand why Pro football never works here, there's such a hodgepodge of fan bases and snotty fan bases. Very fickle fan base. Unfortunate, because UCLA is a nice campus.

I would have to disagree in that he'd need to get arrested to drop. Again, he's a bit of a tweener. He, in the end, doesn't really fit clearly as either. But I wouldn't be suprised if some team reached for him higher than 47 either. He's an intruiging, but risky, prospect.

I really have never felt less prepared to talk about the draft, to be honest. I've been so busy.

4. Durden

Durden Full Access Member

32 Derrick Strait CB

62 Justin Smiley OG

94 Jeremy LaSueur CB

126 P..K. Sam WR

158 Ben Hartsock TE

190 Mark Wilson OT

222 Bradlee Van Pelt QB

5. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Yea, I did say it. Oops. I feel unprepared too. The last number of years I havent had much to do with my football time in January but look at the draft. This year there was a distraction. :)