1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yest another Guard Come available.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

The "Non-Jeno" Guard thread.

Cardinals | Won't Re-Sign Dishman - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:50:53 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals will not offer a new contract to OG Chris Dishman, who will become an unrestricted free agent March 3.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  2. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Raiders | Collins Could be Cut - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:10:20 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders G Mo Collins could be a salary cap casualty.

Raiders | Middleton Could be Cut - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:09:49 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders G Frank Middleton could be a salary cap casualty.

NFL | Deese Drawing Interest - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:07:57 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent OL Derrick Deese (49ers), who was recently cut by the San Francisco 49ers, has had four teams express an initial interest in him. Deese, who is able to play tackle and guard, hasn't allowed a sack at left tackle in more than two seasons.

3. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

Poor Jeno

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

what's funny is last year everyone wanted Mo Collins... may be a legit possibility THIS year

5. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Bills release Pro Bowl guard Brown

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Eight-time Pro Bowl guard Ruben Brown was released by the Buffalo Bills on Monday, in part for salary cap reasons.

However, Bills president Tom Donahoe said there were several other factors behind the move.

Brown was due to receiver a $1.8 million bonus had he been on roster Wednesday, the first day of free agency. He also was due for a base salary of $2.7 million this season.

Brown was selected 14th overall in the 1995 draft by Buffalo. He and backup quarterback Alex Van Pelt were the two longest serving players on the Bills roster.

Brown had been a full-time starter since his rookie season, and had started 136 games with Buffalo, missing only eight games in nine seasons.

He started 15 games last year before being excused by the team from playing in Buffalo's season finale against New England last December.

The team has refused to say why Brown was excused.

Brown has maintained it was for disciplinary reasons after he had a disagreement over offensive philosophy with the team's former coaching staff, led by Gregg Williams.

Brown ranks second among Bills players with eight Pro Bowl selections, behind former defensive end Bruce Smith, who was selected 11 times.

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

We're OK on guard.

7. Durden

Durden Full Access Member

Wouldn't Nelson be a better fit at LG?

Wouldn't it be better to sign Middleton or Collins to plug in at RG and put Nelson at Left between Mitchell and Steussie for a year or two as he gets his playing legs?

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    point one - yes. If it were to do with what we have, it'd be Steussie-Nelson-Mitchell-Brzezinski-Gross and then have a rook come in and battle.

That's not terrible, I don't guess.

Signing a bigger fella to plug at RG? Sure, for the right price. Collins' eager want to play here might help him get a small deal here. Didn't play that great last year but no one on the Raiders' staff did.

Meanwhile, if we don't make a move at guard, I'd damn near have to consider moving Mitchell, not Nelson, to guard, just to rehash that old suggestion.

9. Durden

Durden Full Access Member

Just hate to move a player of any position playing at a near pro bowl level to a new position. (see J. Gross)

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Hear that.
    Also think Mitchell has it to be a damn decent guard, where I don't currently feel the same about Nelson (*doesn't mean he won't be).