1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

XP PRO

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by SandMan, Feb 3, 2003.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Thanks for all those games you burned for me.

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I have an idea:

Steal the Office '97. Then you won't want to 'recoup losses' by selling it.

I think Bootay just wants you to call it like it is, stealing - and it is. It's stealing.

3. Bootay

Bootay Poppycock

you do have the right to sell office 97, unless you bought an upgrade version of office 2000/xp...

And yes, I TOO have sinned! HEAL me Meaty!

4. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I purchased office 97 but I cant resell it. That is bullshit. what about if you bought a car but were told you cant resell it even though you bought a better car?

5. Bootay

Bootay Poppycock

If you buy a PC and Office comes with it, that often is tied to the PC, so you generally can't sell OEM copies of Office (the price is MUCH lower to the OEM in compensation for this limitation).

If you buy a copy of Office 97 retail, then buy a copy of Office XP retail, SURE you can sell that Office 97. You own two different use licenses, and you can sell the Office 97 one to someone else no problem.

If you buy an upgrade to Office 97, your upgrade license is tied to the Office 97 license, so you cannot sell O97 and still use Oxp. It just makes sense - otherwise EVERYONE could buy an upgrade from a single copy of O97...

I can't believe anyone is actually obtuse enough to not understand this, so unless there is an intelligent response, this is Bootay signing off of this thread!

Word out, and peace to your mama.

6. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I find it funny how easy he gets riled up over this... what's even more funny is I OWN every bit of software on my computer... and he spazzes on me :D he's funny... furthmore copying software is legal its illegal to distribute it without the permission of the original manufacture... furthermore it is ALSO legal that if you pass the software on to another to view for an evaluation period... if it isn't unistalled or a license purchased after a certain date then it is considered software theft... if I SHARE software with another person its THEIR job to uninstall it... I claim no responsibility after that point ...have a nice day :) ;)

7. BearBryant

ok..so I buy a car, again. The radio that is in it is ok but I decide I want to buy a better one than the one that came with it. Screw Microsoft and their rules. By the way, these are THEIR rules and not governed rules. All that fine print you see on the back of their labels doesnt mean shit. All it means is that is what they COULD try to do if they were to take you to a court of law.

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

by government law you can share anything music, software, video... whatever as long as you don't make money off it

9. BearBryant

I've never made a dime from sharing!

10. SandMan

SandMan A Man Of Trust

If you believe a person that purchases a cd and makes another cd from his CD collection or you believe that if a person pays full retail for a copy of XP and wants to load it on 3 computers in his/her house "is the decay of society as we know it" your either naive or need to get laid. And secondly if you feel the right to judge others for this action you must assume your self to be perfect in that regard, free of moral wrong. (by your own definition):rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2003