1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Withdrawal (white DBs, hype machines, and the season being two months away)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, May 30, 2009.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Anthony Scirotto.

[​IMG]

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

[​IMG]
    I like to shake a man's hand and look him in the eye before I cut him

3. Savoir Faire

Savoir Faire Member

We always have the IR option if we get one with an infected hangnail or some other "serious" injury. If he shows enough, we may even be able to trade him for a 7.

4. Woodie

Woodie Junior Member

Ok, since it is the off-season, and there is little to talk about but "what if's," I'll throw one possibility out there regarding Lee. First, let me say that I believe your scenario is the most likely outcome. However, none of us really knows much about Lee because he played up in Canada. But with his production and apparent skill set, there is at least a small possibility that he may be more than simply the product of poor opposition.

So, lets say Lee comes in and REALLY impresses and shows a lot of potential, it's not inconceivable the team could decide he's too valuable to simply let go, and chooses to hold on to him (without risking losing him from the PS, or even before he makes it to PS). Now the obvious problem is that it would create a huge logjam in our backfield with DW, JS, MG, BH, and TF all virtual locks to make the team.

But if we do end up keeping Lee on the active roster (although probably inactive on game days), we would need to find his roster spot from somewhere. IMO, one possibility would be by keeping only four WR on the roster. After all, typically the 5th WR is inactive anyway, and there has already been talk of Goodson playing some slot receiver. So he could still continue in that capacity, but also play a bit more of WR in a pinch. Therefore, with the flexibility he brings he could easily be a legitimate slash RB/WR for us. Particularly if he ends up being the KR as well, that would enable the team to get about as much use out of him as they can without taking snaps away from DeAngelo or Stewart.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Just don't swaggerjack my thread title...

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Lee could rush for 150 yards per game in the preseason and throw in 3 touchdowns per game and ten receptions but still probably not make the team. Who are they going to cut in order to keep him?

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9