1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

why we are 120 rpi

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Dec 9, 2003.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

dukey is funny :D

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

If that story is that someone from the UNC athletic dept. said that they where scared to play UNCC, then I call bullshit. If it was basically that UNC had nothing to gain by playing UNCC, then I would say I agree with them.

2 words. Gon Zaga.

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Gonzaga is stuck on the West coast. Of course they're not going to be seen except late night on ESPN. Why do you think Charlotte has said forget the ACC and play the Indianas, Alabamas, etc? The 49ers are better known nationally than they are in their own backyard and I admit that may be some of the University's fault as well.

Note from today's USA Today... Gonzaga excited about going national.

4. HighPoint49er

As I recall, there were quotes from the UNC athletic department in the stories.

5. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

no, you make no point as ususual. you are ignoring our performance since CUSA was conceived. swing and a miss.

6. The Brain

nope... the last time Charlotte was still top3 in CUSA I was a student there... back in the late 1990s

I wish them the best... I like the 49ers... and MOST 49er fans... I just don't like 49er fans that badmouth UNC Chapel Hill out of pure jealousy

7. metro

brain, it doesn't matter when you were born, I simply stated Charlotte is a perennial top 40 program. The last 10 years our RPI is a average of 48. When you went to school or when we were top 3 in CUSA that you refer to is irrelevant. I guess those inmates semen is killing your brain cells.

8. HighPoint49er

2001-2002 11-5, 4th (3rd in American Division of Cincy, Marquette, Saint Louis, Louisville, East Carolina and DePaul)
    2000-2001 10-6, T3rd (2nd in American Division),C-USA Tournament Champions
    1998-1999 10-6, T4th (3rd in American Division), C-USA Tournament Champions

It's happened since you left! Last 10 years, 184-123 overall (60%) not great but not bad, 101-24 at home (81%) which is great.

By the way, in the past 10 years, UNC Chapel Hill has only won 3 ACC tournaments too. ;)

9. The Brain

you're funny you say the last 10 years... if you'll remember 1996-2000 (my years at UNCC) fit in that 10 year span... and the team was solid during that span... that doesn't make them top 40 NOW... though I will admit they are much improved this year... with a few more key players they have the shot at a VERY nice squad... as a matter of fact they should very possibly finish on top of the A10... but my point is to quit living in the past and quit bashing UNC outta jealousy

10. metro

dude, wake up. I said we are a top 40 program consistently. I wasn't living in the past. I was making the argument why UNCCH would benefit to adding us to the schedule.

I can't believe a Tarheel fan is accusing someone of living in the past! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: