1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

why we are 120 rpi

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Dec 9, 2003.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

exactly who do you know in the UNCC AD that isn't biased and would say such sweet things about UNC??

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

disclaimer:
    Ladies and gentleman new to the board here, let me point out that the Brain is a UNCC grad that pulls for UNCCH first and foremost.

that being said, I don't know what your reference to 1978 is for (we were in the Final Four in 77) but we have advanced to the round of 32 four times since CUSA was conceived. Not that facts should get in the way here.

3. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

Arizona is a home at home. As is Alabama. We’re in talks with UVa about a home at home series starting next year. The schedule for the next two years is pretty solid. We don’t need UNC-CH on the schedule unless they want to play a one shot deal at the Coliseum in front of 24,500 fans. And yes, we could easily sell our 12,225 tickets and we have no problem filling Halton for quality opponents.

2004-05
    Alabama (home)
    Arizona (away)
    Indiana (away)
    Virginia (home/away)

2005-06
    Arizona (home)
    Indiana (home)
    Virginia (home/away)

4. metro

what I really meant starting this whole thread was not a UNCCH vs Charlotte debate, but that UNCA and A&T are a combined 0-9. Until they win at least a game, we have two opponents with a 0% win percentage, which is 1/2 of the RPI. :(

5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Actually, it is a fact that we did play Charlotte a few years ago. Do you expect that we should play every year? Every other year? As I said - you don't bring enouhg to the table. Sorry. As I have also said - countless times - if UNC played a shit schedule, then maybe you would have a point. Last year our overall SOS was 5 and our OOC SOS was 35 (which I think is too low - we should play a national power OOC every year). So that argument really holds no water. And none of this changes the fact that y'all are not the only NC school who wants to play us.

Face it, Dean did not play anyone in state until Weil. Once he broke the rule, they began playing other instate teams, but rotating them, so that argument is bogus too.

As for selling out, I don't think so. It use to be damn near impossible to get tickets to a Heels game when they played in Charmichel, but it's easy to do so in the Dean Dome. So the Charlotte crowd is less eager to buy tix to a game here. If they decided to have a game here, it might sell out the first year or 2, but after that I think it would run into problems.

Edit - imagine that - a thread about y'all's rpi turns into a rant about how UNC is scared to schedule y'all. Absolutely fucking shocking!!!!

6. metro

vp, you are right, another thread ruined, but one of your own did it. No Niner fan started this time.

7. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I think if Mike P could look in the Observer archives, there would be some stories about the scheduling between UNC Chapel Hill and Charlotte from about 1998 or so. Some of it was tied to the TOC and Dale Halton used her Pepsi influence as well to get what was to be a home and home. The 49ers did go to Chapel Hill and play in front of a sold out crowd. Sadly though, the Heels won't sell out most of their OOC home games this season, but I'd be hard pressed to pay $35 to see them play George Mason if I got to choose my seat.

BTW, I'm sure TheReal49er could tell you the story and between the 2 of us could get Judy to write down a synopsis of what happened. But we'd be told it wsn't possibly true so why bother. :rolleyes:

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I apologize for the incorrect date... my BIRTH year was 1978... so I typed that in by accident... but the fact that I wasn't born yet proves my point

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Really?

10. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

And he was the one saying to stay out of the Hoops forum too! :confused: