1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

why we are 120 rpi

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Dec 9, 2003.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

He should've been gone by now from Winthrop. He should be at USC.

BTW, Lutz was interviewed for that job, but withdrew when Melvin left for A & M. Wonder if he'd still be there now?

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Fair enough, that is why I put the disclaimer in there - they are still few and fair between though :) (please do not take that as an insult to UNCC as it is not meant to be one). I honestly don't know much about the whole Parker recruiting process as I did not live in the States during that time.

But I do know that UNC fucked him over big time and I am personally embarrassed at the way my alma mater treated him. It was totally inexcusable.

3. vpkozel

I wonder if he just felt like he wasn't quite ready. He has a nice set up there. Good recruiting base, nice gym, good support, reasonable expectations.

I don't see him there 5 years fomr now though. He's gonna be a good hire for someone.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

He can certainly recruit in South Carolina, not that that means anything.

5. vpkozel

I wonder if UVA would look at him if Gillen gets canned. He went to school in VA and worked at Marshall. He could turn it around up there.

6. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

My only problem is with the fact all the people that say Dean Smith is "afraid to play UNCC" ... of course them being so close to Dean that he confides in them :rolleyes:

My point is not a damn person anywhere near this message board knows if UNC-CH is willing or not to play UNCC... and it gets old them sitting on the side and calling the programs afraid... maybe if UNC had something to benefit from the matchup it'd be different... its not gonna help the Tar Heel's exposure... its not gonna help the Tar Heel's RPI... its not gonna help the Tar Heel's recruiting... its not gonna be a "big money" draw... so what's the point?

7. theshowdawg

theshowdawg Best in Show

Not a big money draw? If UNC-Chapel Hill played Charlotte in the coliseum it would be a sell out. You think anybody might want to put that on TV?

8. The Brain

the only chance you get for the sellout is Tar Heel fans... Charlotte has been having trouble filling Halton... much less the Coliseum

9. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

okay, this being my favorite subject, let me intervene hear tactfully. First Brain, it is a FACT that UNC will NOT play Charlotte. Hp, myself, and several others around here are tightly affiliated with the athletic program and we all know this is the the proven gospel. You say UNCCH has nothing to gain and I partially agree and disagree. UNCCH, if it is in fact the powerhouse it claims, should play a team in it's own state that is a perennial top 40 program, if they are worth their salt. If they don't, it obviously appears they are afraid of the possible consequences. I fully understand it, we are not a top 10 team nor a bottom 300 team so UNCCH would neither expect to lose or win vs us. If they are so in fact superior, they should have no problem with us and a quality win vs. a top 40 RPI team every year and it would greatly benefit UNCCH. Had you beat the 49ers last year instead of A&T, maybeh that 19-14 record would of gotten you a NCAA birth. I look at every other state with national basketball powers, and the mothership always plays teams within the state (Wisc/Green Bay, Florida/UCF, Alabama/UAB, etc) Face it, Dean Smith invented this ridiculous idea of hiding vs. in state opponents, unless it was a gauranteed masacre, like that of an A&T, or former coach (UNCA).

Last, a UNCCH vs Charlotte game at the new Bobcat arena every year would be a great ESPN matchup and excellent attendance game. They should divide the tix in half (so all the trailer park residents don't buy the UNCCH tix) and you could have a rowdy game split evenly down the middle attendance wise. THe 49ers would have no problem selling out their 9000 either.

10. The Brain

perennial top 40 program???

1978 is too far in the past