1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who needs 3?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by YINZER, Jan 3, 2004.

1. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

I think we proved tonite that we don't have to live by the 3 to win a fucking game. Play some fucking defense and make some fucking free throws and we got some shit to get us through the season.

2. sf49er

sf49er Full Access Member

Lutz finally figured out he has an all conference player down low in Withers and a fairly decent 7 footer in Iti........

Bout time

3. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Agree that we need Withers to be the first option. But, you DO need the three ball- it's too much of a weapon. Especially when we play the Louisville and the Cinci's of the world.

4. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

Interesting analysis. Bit of a nasty mouth, but I think if you think we're a better team without Plavich, I'd hate to say the Great Yinzer is "f-ing" wrong. But you are. Plavich is a threat everytime he has the ball and he is a formidable free throw shooter, too. Plus, when he has the ball, the inside game is more available.

Iti HAS to get better. He should average 10 rebounds just working hard. He continues to adjust shots and, according to Coach Lutz on te post-game show, "Iti was credited with two blocks, but altered four-five in the process." It looks like our inside game is limited to Withers and a young Iti because I have seen nothing from Clemmons and Pigford to show me they can score when they get the ball down low.

Thoughts?

5. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

Providing Plavich is hot throwing them off the rim does nothing. Living by the 3 gives away too much to the other team if you consistently take the game inside to set up your corner and and the rest of the the outside game wonderful things happen.

6. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

I am so happy you think I am great, it really warms me up inside. I never said we were better without Plavich or the 3. My point was that we can't rely on it as our only means of winning like we have in the past. With Demon going 0- for from deep last night I was holding my breath waiting for him to start chucking bricks in the final 2 minutes, thank god he didn't. Feel free to look for the anti 49er rhetoric in my posts and thank you again for thinking I am great.

7. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I Think Mitch Baldwin proved something to all the doubters last night. He had 14 points on 5-8 shooting with 2 assists and 1 turnover in only 22 minutes. He also hit a 3 pointer and two long jump shots as well as two huge free throws down the stretch.

I didn't think it was possible, but our free throw % actually got worse. 12-26 is a fucking joke. I think we may be getting dangerously close to having our team fg% surpass out ft%. That is absurd.

8. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

Yep, I think he proved that he is a heckuva lot faster than a bunch of tired SIU guards on the fast break. And his jumpshot isnt a joke when he's left open.

He is a nice change of pace backup to Demon. A high speed chase inserted at just the right time to overwhelm tired legs.

He did have more TOs than he was credited for though. He still cannot handle the half court offense.

REal, I am right with you on our frontcourt. The minute Iti starts averaging over 10 rebs/game, We'll have enough balance to win.

As for the FTs - it's time to get a hoops shrink. There's no other answer. If what PI says comes to pass, it WILL make headlines for its absurdity.

9. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

No problem. It's all in how you pose for your Holiday Cards. I think you are REAL great. :nopity: :rofl:

10. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Whatever NA, you fucking idiot. I guess you have it all figured out listening on the radio and all. I would like to know exactly how you had Mitch committing more turnovers than the official scorekeeper. :die: