1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Which team is your "girlfriend"?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

My allegiance to the Panthers is very much like a marriage. It's had ups and downs, but I keep coming back home. However, like any marriage, the man sort of has a right to get a little side action. You need that other girl, typically the complete opposite of your wife, to help get you through the rough times.

The Panthers will always be my wife, but my side action is Houston. I love how they draft. I love their personnel. Their stadium and fanbase is kickass. But it's a team with no tradition, so it's not like you're whoring out to Dallas or Pittsburgh or the Pats. And they're in the AFC, so we only have to play them once every four years. It's a perfect girlfriend to my marriage.

Who's your girlfriend?

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Oakland. I guess I have a thing for dysfunction.

3. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Oakland is a nice trashy sidebitch. Good choice.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm monogamous when it comes to the NFL. I used to like the Redskins pre-Panthers, but they've done more than enough to turn me off. I'm more of a slut when it comes to other sports. For instance, I'm an Orioles fan but I pull for the Braves to a lesser degree. In college athletics I'm a Carolina fan first and an anyoneplayingncstate fan second.

edit:
    I love Baltimore and Ozzie Newsome is amazing, but I dislike enough of the Ravens players that I can't pull for them as a team. If I pull for any other NFL teams, it's usually hoping that the consistently terrible ones will find a way to turn it around. So it's kind of nice to see the Bengals not be inept for once.

edit2:
    Dolphins cheerleaders do give Miami a warm place in my pants.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

San Fran is very tempting, and I fucking love Jim Harbaugh, but they're an NFC team. That would be like banging one of the neighbors. Too close to home.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Plus they were really shitty to Carolina in the early days. (William Floyd, etc)

7. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

I root for things to constantly get worse in Cleveland, which is strange. There's no rational reason behind that. Maybe it's like how a married couple likes to talk about married couples even more dysfunctional than they are.

8. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

They were, but I think I would somehow cheer for Harbaugh even if he was coaching the Falcons.

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

It's more of teams I like to follow and will pull for if they are playing teams I don't like.

I like to follow Houston as well because I coached Jonathan Joseph in rec league basketball. I follow Chicago because I am forced to follow them:dunce2:. I follow Dallas because I used to pull for them until Jones bought the team, now I hate them. Sure was happy when Carolina got a team.

10. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Yeah, I remember wishing somehow he would come to the Panthers to be our next coach but that it would never happen.