1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Where the hell is Leonard Laye?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

anything i can help out with?

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Well, Lefty, you hit the nail on the head there. What city is the Observer in?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  3. DA*MAN

DA*MAN Professional Driver

A Question:

Mike Persigner,

Since dead tree space is very limited and expensive, why not some more web-only columns or weblogs by the same beat writers that may have too much information in the story to publish? You can reference it in the paper at the top of each section. Web only columns are relatively inexpensive once the original story has been written, and there you can find out what stories that could be missing for the print edition. If necessary and if it's relevant enough, it could even a premium edition that requires a print subscription or a annual fee of $14.95.

My bank account cannot afford the prices, but this could be an incentive to make the print subcription more valuable.

4. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Quick ?: Why does the largest newspaper between Washington & Atlanta have only 1 beat writer covering the ACC (and he leaves Saturday) :confused: ? ? ? I would think you should have another writer in Raleigh to help cover Gregg's replacement cover the ACC better. Why not send Ron Green Jr. up there?

I also think there needs to be a writer who covers Wake Forest exclusively (I see UNC & NCSU notes in the paper but nothing weekly for Wake; If I've missed this, please forgive me :) . . ). Since you have a lot of SEC/Gamecock fans in the area, why not use THE STATE (another K-R fishwrap) USC beat writer as a semi-beat writer (print their USC/SEC notes column whenever it appears in their fishwrap).

5. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

I have a simple answer for you sds, the disturber sucks ball sack. They couldn't cover an ant with a tent. Welcome to the world of mediocre media coverage.

6. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

You act like the media owes you something.

7. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

you know what the media owes, it owes a local D1 school priority. In most towns, the paper will cover the local D1 school with enthusiasm regardless of the results of the team (go see any large paper with a major D1 team in town). In Charlotte the opposite is true. In order to get ink, you have to produce. When the 49ers are winning, the coverage is adequate, but when we suck like last year, the coverage also sucks, which should not be the case. The hometown paper should continue with features of the hometown team regardless.

8. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

if the local team sucks (like we did last year......I won't deny it), put some media pressure on the school.

Here's a link to today's News & Observer (Raleigh NC).

http://newsobserver.com/sports/

The NHL Hurricanes were one of the worst teams in recent sports memory last season and the start of their season is still a week away....yet, they are part of the sports page along with local college football (State, Duke, UNC and Shaw), the NFL Panthers and the baseball playoffs.

Hell, in Raleigh, a CIAA school (Shaw University) gets a story from a staff writer :( :(

9. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

10. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

Mike you are proving yourself wrong! Look at the hard copy of today's paper. Your 49er story is at the bottom of 4C, and right above it is an article on Morrow and the ACC! :rolleyes: :mad: As usual, Charlotte is an afterthought to an ACC article.