1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Where the hell is Leonard Laye?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

:chair: :boxing:

=

:beer: :apopcorn:

2. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Re: Re: Free pass on ACC!

Stop posting about me and The Observer, and I'll stop pointing out your glaring inconsistency. I have offered to buy you lunch and discuss this, but you have refused and continued to insult me and my staff.

I could post anonymously, as you do, and use the language you do, and embarrass myself like you do, but I don't. My name's on here.

The choice is yours. I will defend my staff if we're right, and admit it if we're wrong. And I won't let your childish antics run me away.

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

Re: Re: Re: Free pass on ACC!

on a serious note...
    obviously most of us think the Observer plays way too much to the ACC and allows their home NCAA team sit on the back burner, but I will give you credit for using your real name. That is not easy. Everyone knew my name at cusatalk and I laid it on the line, and got annonymous dopes responding back like cowards. One thing about Pi, he will tell you his name at the drop of a hat too. You have to admit MP that on occasion you get frisky and aren't always an angel with your posts. You know there are sore spots around here, and make no apologies. I would feel better about the Observer if someone had the guts to say how ethicly immoral the ACC is with it's expansion and quit treating it like it's some great event.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

So Mike, let me pose a question... do you really think your sports department provides the same coverage that Cincinnati and Marquette get in their local newspapers (being pro sports towns) or Louisville, Saint Louis and even UAB? The pregame coverage in those newspapers is larger than some of the post game stories in the Observer.

That's not a slam, just a question.

5. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Man, this is almost better than a WWE PPV :D :D . . . . Where's a pizza similie when you need one :) ? ?

6. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Re: Re: Re: Free pass on ACC!

I dont post anonymously Mike and almost anyone on this board could tell you that. I'm sure you have been PM'd my identity by now and if not just ask around. I make no secret of who I am and I am all about accountability on message boards. I dont say anything here that I would not to say to someones face.

If you think I am embarrassing myself you are smoking crack. Do you actually read the threads that you are involed in? If everyone is calling you out, dont you think you may be out of line. Did you read the posts in the thread you were involved in on cusa this week? Your most loyal 49er supporters ripped you and your paper.

My question to you is, what the hell are you trying to accomplish here? Run off every 49er fan? Offend us more, if that is actually possible? Decrease subscription numbers? Embarrass yourself and your paper?

If you answered yes to all of those questions, congradulations mission accomplished!

As far as meeting you for lunch, why? What could we possibly have to talk about. I have already told you that anything I post I will tell you face to face and I'm not real sure you want to hear any of this live and in stereo. Unless you are wanting to offer me a 'jane doe' column to spice up your sports section...everyone who thinks that will happen raise your hand.

7. MKNiner

MKNiner Full Access Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Free pass on ACC!

Pi's name is Erwin M. Fletcher. He doesn't shower much. :D

Fletch, quality flick.

8. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Charlotte coverage

It's not equal, no. But I believe it's fair in the context of interest in the program vs. interest in other items we publish. There are 5,000 people intensely interested in Charlotte sports, and few "Wal-Mart fans." We do capsule previews on most games of our ACC schools, and do stories when warranted on them and on Charlotte. I've always said we have to recognize big moments, which is the nature of the beast with the amount of news hole I have. A column of space in The Observer costs about $300 in newsprint alone, and they limit how much I can have.

Every year about this time I get slammed for coverage, because you're all excited about the season, etc. Win big and more coverage will follow. Play interesting opponents (like Indiana and Arizona, wow!). But games against the Louisiana Lafayette's of the world don't excite you, and they don't excite me, and they don't excite the average reader.

We've increased coverage in recent years because I think your program is important to Charlotte. I come on here because I think your program is important. Believe it or not, I don't come on here because I enjoy abuse. Do we do enough to satisfy all of you? No. But I don't know that I could do that much, ever.

9. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free pass on ACC!

I'm glad someone caught the Fletch reference. 6'6, 6'9" with the afro.

10. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

So you're saying it's a big story in the Saint Louis Dispatch for Saint Louis to be visiting the 49ers in Halton and not a story for the Observer? Hmmmm... I would think there's always more interest in the home city. Any surveys on why people don't subscribe to the Observer? I know they're done here for the HP Enterprise and Greensboro News & Record.