1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Where the hell is Leonard Laye?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

Exactly how is that funny Norman?

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

btw Mike, Laye would not get abused here. He doesn't make the call on WHEN a story gets printed or WHERE its placed. His articles are ok. Like Nova said, he just isn't as homey feeling as Stan was. I read Laye's work like he has to do it and not like he enjoys it, like Stan did.

3. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

I find it ironic you would lecture me about class, PI.

4. 49erpi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

I find it ironic that you spend so much time on a 49er message board.

I am being critical of the local media. It comes with the territory.

You, on the other hand, are hanging around message boards instigating and lying to 49er fans. You may be the only sports editor in the country that is actually losing subscriptions by participating in the home-town sports message boards. You sir are a credit to your profession

5. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

Can you post my "lie," please? Or better yet, e-mail me, meet me for lunch or call me and we can discuss this personally.

6. 49erpi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

The latest was last week on the cusa talk board when you insinuated that you had already covered the impending move of Louiville and Cincy to the Big East. I believe the word you used was "rehash" which would imply that you had already covered the issue and didnt feel the need to cover it again. Fact is, you never covered it at all and were hoping no one would call you on it.

You are also notorious for talking out of both sides of your mouth. You claim your sports page doesnt want to speculate on the possible realignment of UNCC, however the speculation surrounding the expansion of the acc is a daily occurance at the Disturber.

A wise man told me years ago to never trust anyone who is perpetually defending himself and his actions. So why would I ever want to have lunch with you?

7. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

How can you know this without reading? That number again, (704) 358-6000. No smiley necessary.

If you were a reader, you would have seen this about Louisville and Cincinnati, published Sept. 23:

"The official announcement can't and won't come until November, when the college presidents officially sign off on the arrangement, but sources at several Big East schools say the conference has an expansion package that will call for a 16-team league in basketball and an eight- or nine-team league in football.

"We haven't voted on anything yet," one official at a Big East school said Monday. "It's just a matter of how we make it work after we do it."

"Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese remained noncommittal. "It's going to get done sooner rather than later," he said.
    "The new schools - DePaul, Marquette, Cincinnati, and Louisville - will come from Conference USA and join the Big East for the 2005 season. In football, Cincinnati and Louisville will replace Miami and Virginia Tech, who will join the ACC next fall. Connecticut will become a member in football next season, and Temple will leave after 2004.

8. 49erpi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PI

How can I know this without reading? It is all over cusa talk every day. You are getting slammed by everyone over it. How could I miss it. You can stick that subscription number up your ass. (No smiley there either )
    There is a better chance that the Boston Globe is going to call and request that you switch sports writers with them.

Just because you printed a paragraph or so regarding the BE and CUSA doesnt change anything. Those are just the same old lines rehearsed by evey media outlet in the country. First of all it is probably from the AP and second, it is nothing compared to the coverage that you are giving to the speculation regarding the ACC. Dont even try to compare the two.

What I dont get is why you bother coming on the 49er boards. You are not fooling anyone. Everyone is aware where the 49ers stand on the Observer sports totem pole. Stop trying to defend youself and just admit that we are at the bottom of the list in our own home town paper, then go away.

9. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Ever wonder how many message boards Mike P posts on trying to defend his fish-wrap? I hope for his sake it's only CUSA & here but somehow I dout that.

10. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Yinzer

I only love you guys enough to care. I used to post on the sports media board at charlotte.com, but it's dead.