1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Whatcha readin'?

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Yuck

Yuck Sweet Pea

I just finished A Confederacy of Dunces for probably the tenth time. I want to start Bejiman Franklin:An American Life by Walter Issacson, but I have several John Maxwell leadership books to re-read before a job interview I have coming up.

2. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

i haven't read anything in a long time, but somehow i ended up picking up my copy of lord foul's bane by stephen donaldson and i just started reading it again.

3. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

Sorry, but I've already finished all the Spongebob picture books.

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Really? Are they any good?

5. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

Not bad if you can absorb a lot from a short story.

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

That was awful. :clap:

7. Chemical Josh

Chemical Josh Full Access Member

That's what I'm afraid of as well. Unfortunately, the PX here at Ft. Wainwright doesn't have a ton of new fiction. I read the reviews on Amazon AFTER I bought it. Bad reviews across the board. Oh well... :dozey:

8. articulatekitten

articulatekitten Feline Member

Mmmm, that just made me tingle all over :biggrin:

Lately I've done a spate of mysteries during those times I'm reading for pure fun & relaxation, including the newest Spenser book by Robert Parker. Those always rock. This one is far from his best, but still a pleasure. Currently reading Iris Johansen's Pandora's Daughter. Hadn't read her before, & although I'll finish this one, I doubt I'll read her stuff again. The premise is good, but there are just huge holes in the story that ruin it for me. I'm just not ready to decide what to read next, so I keep going. Dumb, but true.

As is usual for me, I have more than one book going at a time. The others at this time include one on making your own soaps & other grooming products & one on home businesses. I was recently given Simulacra & Simulation by Jean Baudrillard. The concept sounded quite interesting, but when I started reading, my brain exploded. Scratch that one.

Finally, I'm working my way through the riveting A.D.D.-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life. They'll probably tell me to try reading one book at a time.

9. jge1968

jge1968 Full Access Member

A Knight of the Word by Terry Brooks

10. reb

reb 1riot1reb

I finished the Boone biography. By halfway through the book I felt sorry for him. He should have gone into the wilderness and never looked back. Interestingly he only killed one Indian that he is sure of in all those adventures. He trusted the Indians more than the white man even though they tried to kill him at times. A favorite bit of information was that many of the whites that had been captured were rescued and taken back to white "civilization" escaped at the first opportunity and went back to the tribes. I also didn't know that he had explored all the way to the rockies on long hunts.