1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Whatcha readin'?

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 6, 2003.

1. jge1968

jge1968 Full Access Member

Is it a brand new series or has it been out for a while? Just wondering. I hate getting into a series and then having to wait a couple of years for the next book to come out and so on.

2. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Been out a while....two books so far with 3rd coming out in July

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

I'm reading this thread

4. jge1968

Thanks. Is the 3rd book the conclusion or are there more to come after that. I am always on the look out for a good series but I will wait if it is going to take decades like Martin or Jordan.

5. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

And if you made it the whole way through, then maybe you can stomach one of Robert Jordan's later books. Maybe.

6. jge1968

I am currently reading his latest and up to this point it is the longest it has ever taken for me to get through one of his books.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  7. Gromak

Gromak Evil Clown

http://books.lulu.com/content/249700

I am reading this book.

Someone took the things I wrote about Discordianism in the early 1990s on Fidonet (A precursor to the internet message boards) and edited them and turned it into a book.

I found it quite by accident, doing a google search on my name.

I contacted the publisher. Sales were slim and I am flattered enough that it was something they felt enough about to actually publish.

They didn't get the completed works, and some of it I can only vaguely remember. (Back then, I worked in nightclubs and would come home drunk and then write).

The illustrations are cool. It has an ISBN number.

Being an accidental published author is very flattering. Reading the things I wrote 15 years ago, I realize that this wasn't my 'best stuff' since then, but I always felt that when I was writing it, I was more transcribing than I was creating new content. So it is strange how it found its way to print.

I have also seen some of this work in text files on archival sites.

I was big into numbers and numerology then. Fnord, Illumanati and Knights Templar. Long before there was Da Vanci Code, I was reading Umberto Eco and that figured heavily into what I was doing. I had this elaborate number schema that involved word counts, but that seems to be missing from the context of the edited version.

I guess in a way it was like Cryptos (The big statue at the CIA building) that I had intended to set it up. I also make reference to unseen books, as it was a trilogy I wrote four books in total. This seems to combine several of them, so in a way the missing stuff is the 'unseen' part that I phrophecied.

I ordered a copy and it sits on my coffee table. Cool cover art. Just wished I had a better handle than "Swinging Dick". Back then, I used it to challenge the insane censorship standards of the time. My middle name is Richard.

8. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I'm half way through Angels & Demons. I like it better than Davinci Code. At first I thought it was the same book but then A&D got much better, IMHO.

9. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

That's what most people seem to think VA. I did too.

I'm reading Shanks for Nothing by Rick Reilly. Pretty damn funny.

10. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

So what other Dan Brown book is good? I've heard mixed reactions to Deception Point and have heard good things about Digital Fortress.