1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What the Panthers should have done

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, May 2, 2015.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

It was 2014 they were talking about, I think.

Well, you know, teams that pick after us have a clear road.

2. willie

willie Full Access Member

Ultimately it comes down to our coaches and our schemes. If the guys we drafted fit the plan laid out by smart coaches who are prepared - then we will be able to compete. No one person we draft is going to supercede the intelligence or lack thereof (as the case may be) of our coaching staff.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Ah, I see that now. They got some "best draft" buzz this time also.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Great point. Sometimes falling short of expectations is due to the player's failings and sometimes it's simply them not being used properly.

5. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Not sure why anyone gives a rats ass about "draft expert" ratings of our (or anyone's) draft classes.
    These guys (including Kiper/McShay ) are nothing more that lowly journalists whose job it is to fill a daily column. Their guess is no more valued than yours or mine.

These are the same idiots who said Jimmy Clausen would be our future QB, and that Blaine Gabbert should have been the #1 pick.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

You're missing the point. Kiper liked Clausen while McShay hated him. McShay liked Gabbert while Kiper didn't. Individually they all make mistakes, but with regard to the Panthers' draft this season they almost all agree that it wasn't good. And the really big problem is that we on this board believe the same thing.

7. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah, I didn't like the draft either, though it's not just about the players drafted:

If they really liked Funches, they should've taken him in the first. Shaq would most likely have been there in the second then they'd prolly had a better T in the third, then better players from there on and so on. They didn't pick the best available and then it seems they panicked when they realized they did have some holes to fill. I don't get this teams trades on an almost annual basis. They seem to be in love with folks early, nobody else is in reality, yet they think these same players are thought of as highly by everybody else and are afraid they are going to get taken- and they prolly aren't. The players they drafted aren't that bad, but not great either, it's how and when they took them.

Funches and Shaq may turn out to be fine players...we still need a LT, safety and DB help.

Having 3 TE/Wr hybrids essentially is kinda weird...might be great or not, I dunno. Could be matchup probs. We do have Brown and Ginn for the speed thing.

In addition, did they think it would be better to have the fifth-year option on Shaq than Funches? Funches could help us more, maybe, and Shaq feels like a jack of all trades and master of none.

8. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

The only real argument I have heard is safety at 25 but they liked Shaq more than Collins. After dj there were no LTs there. Jake Fischer was the most penalized tackle in the draft. I will stick with gettleman and others experience on that choice. Funchess will be good lots of crow being cooked up here.

And getting Daryl Williams in the 4th is a steal. Also high character guys across the board. Great draft considering how late we were choosing.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

:quiet:

10. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

This board needs more odins. Bravo.