1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What the Panthers should have done

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, May 2, 2015.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Okay I admit it, Fox had a crap attitude here his last couple of years especially his last one, I dislike him for it.

2. Poontangler

Poontangler Full Access Member

I love these, "I know better than the GM" post! Honestly you know nothing. Gettleman has done a pretty good job. I'd let it play out before criticizing the man. After all back to back division champions isn't that bad. Yeah it's easy to look back and say this player and that player are better than what we got but who knows how those pieces would fit on our team. i think this draft much like last years will be fine. Most of them will make the roster and a couple will come in and make an immediate impact.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The Panthers were a pretty bad team last year. I don't give Gettleman credit for the NFC South being historically bad. He was a fucking trainwreck in 2014 and most of us correctly assumed it would hurt us. I think we've gotten better this spring, but on the surface this draft feels pretty empty. If you're going to narrow yourself down from nine picks to just five, you better come away with some cornerstone players. The guys we got appear to be role players at best.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

A lot of truth in that last line

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

This again? These kinds of comments belong at the Huddle with mildly retarded football fans who lack the reasoning ability to realize that NFL general managers make comically stupid mistakes all the time. Again, Gettleman ran off Jordan Gross. Gettleman released Steve Smith. Gettleman's 2014 free agents were unbelievably bad and almost tanked the season until the coaching staff finally removed them. In 2013 I said that Gettleman should have drafted David Bahktiari instead of Edmund Kugbila. Bahktiari is the starting left tackle for the Packers while Kugbila is soon to be stocking groceries. I also said that Gettleman should have drafted Andre Ellington instead of Kenjon Barner. Ellington is the starting running back for the Cardinals while Barner was released by his former college coach. Besides Star, who we all wanted, what other player has been a great pick by Gettleman?

6. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

And Star fucking fell into the dumbfucks lap. He didn't do anything or pull a rabbit out of a hat or some shit. Just dumb fucking luck there were some medical concerns...

7. Poontangler

Tell me where this says anything about a great pick...

As for picks I'm talking about, aside from Star- Short, Klein, Bene, Turner, Boston, Benjamin and Ealy. All have contributed or been impactful. Not only the drafted players there are also some undrafted free agents worth mentioning- Brown, Norwell, White, Horton and Lester. I would consider that "pretty good".

8. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Fair enough, but it's equally as frustrating to see the fanbase parade around crediting Gettleman for two playoff appearances.

We were very lucky that the NFCS was abysmal last year, because if one team was decent, we don't make the playoffs. We just finish with a bad, bad season and a lot of regrets.

Also, his draft choices have been decent. Not great. Not even Star. Just solid guys.

That draft class last year, as good as it looks because of all the contributions, would not be as strong on a better team. Some of those guys get no looks on a better team, and I can't imagine Boston sticks.

For all the pats on the backs around the fanbase, think about this:

We still have the same safeties. Roman Harper is one of those starting.

Our best hope for the tackle spots are two players who can't start on any other team, and the guy starting GOT FIRED AND REPLACED WITH BYRON BELL.

But we have two linebackers who probably will never start. And a guy we praise as Mr. Everything but we gave him a jersey number that will by rules negate much of what he can do.

After the draft, we still have these issues. None of the major needs were addressed.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Kawann Short - I'll give you this one. He's been productive and I was skeptical of the choice.

Klein - sucks.

Bene - Even though he's not a starter he is pretty useful for a fifth round pick.

Turner - Disappointing rookie season but at least he's better than Silatolu.

Boston - Because of the Atlanta interception people wrongly thought he didn't suck, but he did.

Benjamin - Believe it or not he was actually a below average wide receiver. His raw stats look solid simply because he was targeted 146 times, sixth most in the NFL. He could get better, but I fear that he'll always be prone to drops and a mediocre route runner.

Ealy - sucks.

Brown - decent fourth wideout.

Norwell - who?

White - sucks.

Horton - sucks.

Lester - sucks.

10. Poontangler