1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What the Panthers should have done

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, May 2, 2015.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Post what you would have wanted Carolina to do with #25, #57, and #89.

#25) Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami - It stinks that Humphries went off the board, especially since the two fifths might have been enough to jump ahead of the Cardinals. Perriman might be a better NFL prospect, but the Panthers really need someone with elite quickness who can get open underneath and then has the hands to consistently gain yardage. Devin Smith has a bit more size but his hands are too questionable and he's more straight line speed compared to Dorsett's lightning change of direction. La'el Collins is who I would have taken before the police blotter, but I'm going to cheat and grab him later. Jake Fisher also got consideration. If the Panthers were dead set on the SS/OLB hybrid then Eric Kendricks and Landon Collins both would have been better options than Shaq Thompson in my opinion.

#57) Owa Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA - I would have been fine with him at #25. The medicals obviously make him a risk, but I'd rather have a guy who is potentially dominant when healthy than a guy who will be healthy yet never be dominant. I love his hand skills at controlling blockers, and his experience as a 3-4 DE gave him great training to step in immediately and hold his ground against NFL linemen in the run game. Plus he has the explosiveness and moves to develop into an above average pass rusher. DE has the potential to be a trainwreck for this team in 2015, and if you can't pressure the quarterback then your coverage is going to get exposed.

#89) La'el Collins, OT, LSU - Like I said, this is cheating. Also, Richardson would obviously never do it because he's so concerned about his image right now. That said, I don't think Collins had anything to do with the shooting and being able to grab a top talent this late makes it a no-brainer. He could step in immediately at RT, and even if he failed there he would end up being a dominant guard. If I have to eliminate him because of Richardson, I would take T.J. Clemmings and hope for the best regarding his foot.

2. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

That's not unreasonable.

Another scenario I wanted to propose would still include the trade made last night.

25. Breshad Perriman - not the best routes and had some drops but the skill and speed is there.

41. Eric Kendricks - he went a few picks later. He is actually a linebacker and hasabove average instincts and good coverage ability.

We end up its LB and WR like in real life. Which one is more attractive?

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Your two would have been much better than the ones the Panthers selected.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Fired Hurney, kept Fox.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Fox blew it with Manning. His star should already be faded around here by now.

1. I would've drafted Clemmings with the first, and slotted him at RT. Now obviously teams must know the injury is more serious than what we knew, so if I was in the know, I would've hit on Landon Collins, knowing WRs were there in the second.

2. (WITH TRADE UP) Jaelen Strong.

2. (Without trade up) Devin Funchess. I did like him, and I thought he'd be good for Cam, but I think we traded up for a guy who would've been sitting there.

3. Chaz Green, OT

6. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

la'el is a no go. its just too strange his baby mama got shot right before he was about to get paid. just too strange. can't touch that (yet).

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

He's not the father.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Did paternity test come back? I knew police wanted him to take one

9. buck nasty

how many dead babies does it take to drop you out of the draft? evidently 1

10. buck nasty

what are you fucking psychic now?