1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What I'm Thankful For

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by hootie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

yeah, heaven forbid we put a world class athlete at the point. I don't get this thought process that the PG has to be a good 3 point shooter. Mitch can play defense and enter the ball into the low post to Withers. That's good enough for me.

2. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

No payin' up fucker. He should send someone to break a finger.

3. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

I am thankful that PITT FUCKING RULES!!!!

4. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Oh yeah, that was a real impressive win over Central Florida last night. They would have lost to any other team in the field.

5. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

Wisconsin is going to beat them.

6. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Barry, the only thng Baldwin does well IS play D. He is every bit as one-deminsional as Plavich, just a very different player. And no, I don't think he has to be a great 3-pt shooter to play point. However it would help if he shoot a little. Hell, I would even be happy if he were a decent ball-handler.

BTW, when did he become a great post entry passer? I guess I simply missed that. On a related note: Withers, Iti and whoever else plays inside need to post stronger and act like they actually want the damn ball and that would make it easier for everyone to get it to them.

He does go to the bucket well in the open court, though. As far as being opposed to putting a world class athlete at the point, I'm not. I guess I'm just a litle old school, I'd rather have a basketball player than a track star.

7. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

I'd be happy if Baldwin could hit a free throw down the stretch.

8. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Who said anything about Plavich? I'm talking about the point for next year.
    I think Plavich will be okay next year once he gets away from Demon. Those two seem to get jealous of each other when the other one is taking all the shots. If Plav will work on his shot selection and put the ball on the floor more often, I can live with him at the 2 for another year. He is a defensive liability but that's where Mitch comes in. I am sick of seeing the opposition's backcourt light us up from outside and have free reign over the lane. Why do you think we play all these junk defenses instead of man? Under Lutz our guards have been Deigo, Jobey, Nash, Demon and Plav. Defensive gloves they are not.

Mitch was 5-5 from the field against TTech. I guess he can shoot just a little. I think he is pretty good at getting the ball to Withers. That's probably because he isn't worried about coming off of a double screen and shooting a Rex Chapman fade away 3, while falling out of bounds. His ballhandling isn't a work of art but he is so quick he gets away with it. He does not seem to turn the ball over a lot, so who cares how pretty it looks? All Mitch needs is some confidence. He needs for Coach to give him the starting PG nod, so he doesn't have to look over shoulder and worry about coming out of the game after screwing up.

Yes, Withers needs to post harder. He will only be a junior next year. He is so good I think we forget he is still young. (No need for underage/alcohol/car jokes here.)
    If he goes pro after this season, he will ride the pine for a few years in the NBA and end up in Greece after that. I hope he stays 2 more but he is definately not a secret anymore. How bad would we be without him next year? Very, very, scarey, is it not?

I have heard Bennet is quick as all get out but not a PG. Goldwire, who knows? I think all newbies suck until I see them play.

I am comfortable with Mitch and Plav as my backcourt and Basden, Iti and Withers as my frontline. Pigford can give Basden a breather at SF. Between Bennet and Goldwire, surely they can suffice at backup for Plav and Mitch. I'm worried about backup at the 4 and 5. How big is this Drayton guy? If he is not big enough to give us minutes at the 4 we are in trouble.

Lutz needs to roll the ball out and demand these guys play defense. If they do not, sit their asses on the bench and let the fucking walk-ons play. At least they will try. :xyzthumbs

9. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Hold me, I'm scared, I agree with Barry If they don't want to play D sit them and play somebody that will, provided we have somebody.

Looking at your post gets me to thinking, we really never have had a guard that could play D and score a little since Dinkins (and he wasn't exactly Payton). What's up with that? Colson, maybe, but I think he's kind of like a real good-looking chick that you bagged a couple of times and over the years it became better in memory than it really was. He had a little Demon in him, he never met a pull-up jumper he didn't like.

BTW, Hawki did not bag three. I remeber one and she needed a bag on herhead (or some Ultra Brite).

10. Hawki

Hawki Junior Member