1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What I'm Thankful For

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by hootie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

A little early to be sure but here goes:

I'll never see Calvin Clemmons misplay a ball again. My God, if he has a child, don't let him hold it.

Demon look skyward after the third dumb thing he's done in a row. Props-he played hard all the time, not always smart.

Butter- luv ya- mean it.

To next year: We better find a PG. If you guys think MB is the answer, you know nothing about the game. Hope Bennett is available and Drayton is the real deal.

2. hootie

I took Charlotte +25 accoding to you. Again, what were the stakes? No, no, I'm sorry, you're a pussy who just showed again. Where were you puss?? I would have taken us straight up and lost, ask VP, he still owes me ten.

Don't talk shit, puss out, then magically re-appear.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Regardless of what happened, Charlotte had a good year. It's not easy to be satisfied with that, but there it is.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I haven't forgotten, and I hope you know that I intend to pay. It's just not really possible for me to get up to the University area that often. If you would prefer that I mail it to you, no problem. To be hoest though, I'd prefer to meet you, buy you a couple of beers and shoot the shit. It's your 10 bucks though - so it's your choice.

5. Hawki

Hawki Junior Member

Baldwin will be all-conference next year. Of course, I thought J.R. Reid would be an NBA all-star.

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I'm sure JR thought so, also.

7. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Announcer: Clemmons goes up for the rebound with no one else around...and knocks it right out of bounds.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  8. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I think Roberto "hands of stone" Duran is really Calvin's dad.

9. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

hootie, this is the better deal... after a couple of beers vp will buy you dinner and if you're lucky, maybe even a lap dance from YINZER.

What am I happy for? A season better than I expected (I thought 17 would be good), no need to complain about individual efforts now. Iti can only get better!

10. hootie

VP, I know you haven't forgot, hopefully we can have a few a some point. No worries. HP, you're right, we did have a better season than most expected.

I guess the frustrating is part is that after we got rolling, it was obvious that we capable of more. We gave the outright conf championship away in the last two minutes of the St Louis game, blew the RI game and got beat by a GW team that we couldn't close out. I guess we could also say that we did win a couple that we could have have lost as well, but if you're ever going to go 24-4 or so, you have to do that.

That being said, 21 wins without a true point guard and a Soph as your best player bodes well. Hope everybody keeps their grades up and stays out of trouble. And please, no thoughts of anyone going pro, Withers and Iti need at least one more year (two or three for Iti).

And, as for my final rant of the year- get out of the friggin' weightroom and back on the B-Ball court. We've got guys who can be on the cover of muscle mags that have no touch at all. Last time I checked, the game's still about who puts in the hoop more often. Hell, all this working out doesn't help our big guys finish anyway. I can't remember the last time we got fouled and finished around the hoop and then completed the three pt play..