1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about WFNZ as a whole?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Freakshow, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

MSP is a great show, mixing humor and sports nicely. Celania used to annoy me but now he's grown on me and is pretty funny. Good stuff for the morning drive. The show improved immensely since TC was booted.

Packman show has gotten almost unlistenable. Packman has now started believing his press clippings. That show has definitely jumped the shark. The problem with that show is that they bring no meaningful sports talk. Instead its just ignorant sports fans calling in complaining or talking junk to other fans. When did sports get to be all about ripping players or teams. A lot of great stories out there this year - Heels in CWS finals, Dwayne Wade, Hurricanes. But all we hear about are USA in World Cup, Mickelson's collapse, Hurricanes ALMOST losing series, and Mavs losing after beingup 2-0.

The other thing about Packer. Did you notice that he hates all authority figures? And anything that challenges his little fiefdom called college football, he rips. Its in his own self-interest (and wallet) to make sure college football is king.

The thing that kills me the most is his constant ripping of Jerry Richardson. I've never heard any bad things about the owner. The man is pure class personified. But because he's not a lunatic like Cuban or the former Philly owner, and because he won't come on Packer's show, all of a sudden he's a jerk owner. What's wrong with an owner staying in the shadows and letting the men he's hired to do their jobs. Seems a bit refreshing to me.

Not to sound like all of the satellite radio-files, but I'd love to see some alternate sports radio on during the drive home. Primetime has grown to be as irritating as any sports radio I've listened to. And the problem is that Packman can't even see it. Truth is, he's been coasting with the show for 3 years now, but amazingly enough keeps getting contract renewals.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I like some humor in sports shows but it seems like FNZ has a humor show first splattered with occasional sports talk. Packman used to be OK to listen to but he has long since let Hayseed and QCBs role grow way beyond what they should be. ANy other real sports programing would have jettisoned theses yahoos away. I like Penner but only if he is paired with a guy who won't let him whine like a bitch. Never listened to Rosinski but miss him on the Panthers. MSP were funny but again got old after a day or 2. Give me Czaban from 6-10 (Fox Sports) then Tony Bruno (Fox Sports), then Dan Patrick and finally Sports Bash (ESPN Radio)

3. Uncle Mingo

Uncle Mingo Slippy

You know, if you read that title real fast, it almost reads: WFNZ Asshole! Which I guess, is pretty much where you were going with that topic anyways...

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

morning show would be better if they didn't stutter so fckn much, drives me nuts to the point I can't listen....Packer is okay, does good interviews, but the company he keeps is bring him down

I listen to Penner a lot in Tampa and he takes some getting used to, I like Penner & Mac the best prob