1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about WFNZ as a whole?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Freakshow, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I've grown to really like the morning show. Sure, they spend a lot of time goofing off...but it's entertaining. I just hate it when Steve Burns is on talking about racing. I switch to WBT when he's on.

Packman? I listen. But a lot of times it's like watching a train wreck. Packer seems to be SO off on things at times, yet his "I am always right" attitude convinces his co-hosts that he is right. I find myself cursing the radio quite frequently. He is truly the John Boy of sports.

Mac and Penner...very underrated. Good stuff. I have to say I like it.

BOC? Not even listenable. HORRID.

2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Mac & Penner are my least favorite, followed by Rosinski, followed by Primetime, followed by the only one I can stand the morning show.

Penner & Mac whine like little girls, Rosinski thinks he knows about football becuase he spent 10 years pissing off everyone around him and while I hate Packer he sometimes has a few knowledgable guests.

Early in the morning the MSP guys actually talk sports.

3. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

I like it when Solarte fills in for Rosinski.

Very likable broadcast.

:twocents:

4. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

Morning Sports Page is good, especially during Panthers season. very Panther heavy, and I dont get that on satellite. I like that they have Steve Smith on a lot, as well as other players.

Packer I can handle for the first couple of hours. last two hours are just commercials,whiner line,last call crap. not much sports getting talked about. I like the format of having two rotating cohost. he does get good guests on too.

the rest are just filler. penner has good sports knowledge that is being wasted.

5. Boogie

Boogie Member

I like it, especially the MSP. I like P&M and can take Primetime in doses.

6. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Overall, it offers nothing I can't get here better.

7. markinconcord

markinconcord Full Access Member

Five minutes of Penner & Mac

That's about all you need to hear any day because they will whine and complain and repeat the rest of the three hours. I did enjoy the Lefty Driesell interview the other day. Packman has good interviews, but it becomes a train wreck when Hayweed and QCB are involved.

8. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I actually LIKE QCB. I think he adds to the show. Hayseed needs to just stay behind the scenes.

The guests are good. Hosts are good. I just get a bit tired of Packer's holier than thou attitude. Also how his guest laugh their asses off whenever Packer says ANYTHING that is even an attempt at humor. Gets ridiculous.

9. markinconcord

markinconcord Full Access Member

Q is funny sometimes

What bothers me so much about Hayseed is that he seems to hate his job and if you call in, he is rude even off air. I'm told he is a pretty nice guy but he sure doesn't show it on the phone or on the air.

I think some of Packman's antics are worth wading through to get the guest interviews and an occasional nugget from a regular co-host

10. aitchp

aitchp Dharmiac