1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What a comedy of errors...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by bobblinlutz, Dec 4, 2003.

1. bobblinlutz

bobblinlutz Junior Member

Please feel free to add to the list, but I have to call out the things in the game that at first drove me crazy, but after we repeatedly f-ed up, was almost comical:

1. Curtis Withers' first half turnovers - was their bacon fat on the ball or something?
    2. Martin Iti - the ugliest hook shot ever that was actually praised by Fogler, the over-the-back on a 6'5" guy, and of course the missed dunk with the phantom foul
    3. Plavich - shooting a 3 with two guys running at him while Calvin Clemmons stood open under the bucket
    4. Eddie Basden's end of game antics - Hasn't anyone told him yet that he can't shoot the 3 in games!, and the charge followed by the walking violation, was that drawn up?
    5. Butter's act of kindness - you all know what I'm talking about

Those are just a few...please vent with me!!

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

It's Christmas time. Yep, that one shocked me during live play.

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I can't believe that that Basden is allowed to shoot outside of 10 feet in games. Teams just dare him to take the three. It is no coincidence that he is never guarded out there. They want him to shoot it because they know he can't.
    The Basden 3 in question couldnt have come at a worse time...with the lead, late in the game & early in the shot clock.

Iti needs to learn that they will call over the back EVERY time in college basketball no matter how clean it looks. There are 2 guarantees in college hoops, moving screens and over the backs get called every time.

Our full court press is a joke and even Fogler noted it so you know it was a glaring weakness.