1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ's Gary Williams popped for DUI

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by chris, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I've met Gary and his wife on several occasions. Arrogant? Prick? WTF are you talking about?

2. circfreak01

circfreak01 Junior Member

think the suggestion is he come off as slightly pretentious and slightly arrogant on the radio.....

don't want to mix up the gary you know with the gary the audience hears.

3. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

Like I implied. Everyone can be an arrogant prick, when dealing with arrogant pricks.

4. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

This thread would make a great case study for the value of internet message boards.

5. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

Makes me feel sorry for you Solarte. You are fairly known personality in Charlotte and to have some random guy come up to when you are out and about and tell you how, either to do you job or why you are wrong and it should be done a different way must be really irritating. You do it for a living and some guy who works in some dull job who has no idea what your job entails wants to give you advise.

On the flip side the 'good job' comments probably balance that out.

Do you run into those people much?

6. circfreak01

circfreak01 Junior Member

this is the first time i've blogged in my life.....

believe it or not....

and i've got to say.....while it gets kind of petty.....the back and forth is also interesting.

so i'll be around.......its not my life's callign to pick on someone when he's down...its only a dui, its not the end of the world.

i really do hope it works out for him, i don't wish ill will on anyone. but i'd like to see him take the high road that he recommends to everyone else...and that's probably asking too much.

know many of the gary-ites will be in here to deflect focus from the real issues a lot of people might have about his breakdown on air too. wasn't this supposed to be from the heart? wasn't that the gary you know?

i happen to think it was revealing about who he is......and you may not think so.

(hey, i've got an idea to shut up our side on this.....jsut respond over and over that we were either fired or turned down from work from wfnz....a little pathetic, but it seems annoying enough...then go listen to gary have another good cry on the air...ha ha)

7. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

No need to feel sorry for me on that. The ones who are negative are much harder to find (in person). I get people asking me why I feel a certain way about a topic, or issue in sports, but no one is generally disrespectful.

As for this circ feller (ar lady--don't know so I don't want to make assumptions--no slamming anyone here), they are entitled to their opinion about the situation, and how they perceive the person. I know Gary fairly well, and while I feel badly for him that he is going through this, it is his own doing. I have no problem telling folks that he's a friend of mine, and now he's a friend that made a big mistake. Luckily it wasn't bigger (as in causing injury/death to someone else).

8. rotocub

rotocub like cool....only dorkier

Solarte sucks. And I'll tell him to his face.

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

:10_6_4:

10. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Yeah, but only since you have discovered beer.