1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ's Gary Williams popped for DUI

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by chris, Sep 3, 2007.

1. bruno417

bruno417 Junior Member

I heard his Jimmy Swaggert "come to Jesus" speech on the radio the other day and tought it was very self serving. First of all he says he had to speak about it because the MSP is all about "honesty". Well if you're so honest why didn't you tell the audience on the Monday following the incident, not when it shows up in the paper? And comparing it to Celenia's cancer is despicable. This guy is a little weasel who seems to have connections in life to get him through. Celenia carries that show. I can picture him telling the arresting office, "do you know who I am?"

2. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

FNZ turn you down for a job too, huh.

3. Boogie

Boogie Member

Just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean that FNZ turned them down for a job or they were fired by FNZ. It's not always sour grapes.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I'm sure his lawyer asked him to run out and spread the news :rolleyes:

He at no time, when referencing Celenia's cancer, EVER compared the two.

5. Boogie

Boogie Member

Probably would have been a good move to not reference Celania's cancer at all.

6. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

he was NOT comparing the two at all. he was talking about the relationship between the listeners and the hosts and about how they share things that are personal. Jims cancer,Rileys father in law passing not long ago, and his DUI. I also got the impression that he wanted to say something sooner ,but as noted thats probably when his lawyer stepped in.

7. Boogie

Boogie Member

I see your point, but Celania and Riley's situations were things outside of their control. I also think it wouldn't be as bad if Williams didn't hammer other people for similar mistakes. He does come across as a weasel who has gotten through life on connections, and this is coming from someone who is ok with the MSP. Some people just walk between the raindrops and the first onset of adversity is traumatic. Hopefully he'll learn and grow from this and not be such a weasel. The only thing is if he skates on this or has a punishment that is very light, then he'll think he's above reproach even more than he does now.

8. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Should have known a loser like you would be an FNZ fan.

I don't think a lawyer for a half-ass radio show host is giving out too much advice on handling his DUI.

Gary Williams is a fucking ASSHOLE that should have been busted a hundred times before.

9. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

This is hilarious, there are like 7 accounts in here on their first or second post. Who would have thought Gary Williams getting a dui would be such a hot topic in Charlotte that 7 people would register just to discuss it.

Gee, I wonder if they are all the same person. The board isn't big enough for you to just keep making new accounts pal, we're not stupid :)

10. circfreak01

circfreak01 Junior Member

i'm a real person....a radio listener!!

i'm a numbers cruncher in uptown charlotte...if you must know...

not a "has been" or "would be" radio guy at wfnz....which i listen to when i can.

got to say, a couple of you might be a little too defensive defending gary's story, don't you think? when you start makring incorrect assumptions about the people who are voicing their opinions on it

and i did sign up after i heard him on air sobbing to keep his job...

i looked to see what he was whining about....since my wife and i couldn't figure it out completely after hearing it in the car....(i thought he had hurt someone in an accident driving drunk or something he was so distressed)...the cancer stuff really threw me off about what was happening...i guess it was major life crisis thing....but there is no comparison....gary was just looking for love and support.

look, he's got a wife and kids to take care of...i know....i don't wish him to not make a good living.....but he's so arrogant and judgemental....particularly when it comes to athletes......i think its kind of fitting he now has to live up to his own advice to athletes. and the athletes mostly deserve it, i agree...

but then you have to piece it together to figure out that he doesn't come clean exactly......(due to legalities of course, he's fighting the .13 in court....and at same time gary is also taking full responsibility for what he did too.....if that makes sense....it doesnt' to me.) he was begging to his adverstisers and bosses to keep his job....and trying to manipulate his audience to support him.

so jsut my opinion...he's not a stand up guy, although he plays one on radio!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007