1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ Ratings

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by RealMcCoy, May 8, 2009.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah, Jim Rome's show is my favorite as well. I was paying for the stream/download online for awhile but having to listen to the show without bumper music and a day late wasn't worth the price to me. Hopefully I can find him for free online somewhere but I haven't checked recently. As you said he's not for everyone but to me he's got a good handle on sports and if something else weird or unusual happens he's not afraid to talk on a topic other than sports. His entertainment rants are as good as his sports blasts imo, makes his show very funny.

Colin Cowherd tries to do the same thing but comes up WAY short imo. I would love it if FNZ would pick up Rome again but it doesn't look like it will happen. I used to listen to the Jungle when it was tape-delayed here in Charlotte running from 10pm-2am, it was awesome.

I used to listen to that station about 12 hours a day some days. Now they are lucky if they can hold me through a commercial break, much less have me listen for a full hour.

edit: TL:DR = I used to pay Jim Rome $8 a month to listen to his show, and listen to FNZ about 1/12th as much as I used to. And wouldn't pay them a fucking dime for anything on the station.

2. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Thats all he fuckin talks about all day anyway...

3. kickazzz2000

When you get a chance, listen to the afternoon shows on the two big sports stations in ATL. 790 the zone and 680 something or other. I know Atlanta is a much larger market, but they consistently put out better shows than ANYTHING on FNZ.

I like listening to WIP 610 in Philly too. It's sad that I would rather hear about their commentators talk about their local teams then our idiots talk about the Gamecocks.

As bad as mac was in the afternoons, Frank and Buck are freaking terrible. Just terrible.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

than

5. Ballpark

Ballpark Full of Shit and Proud

forget it, he's rolling.

6. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

it's still on in Charleston, but it ends at 6

7. kickazzz2000

fixed

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

[​IMG]

9. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

DJ, I think you can get the Rome show streaming from the Cincy Sports radio.

Being from Philly, I listen to 610WIP all day until Howard Eskin comes on. Eskin gets the best interviews and inside scoops, but he's just a prick and his schtick gets old after growing up with it. Best show by far is the midday show.

Another great show to take a listen to is Boars and Bernstein on the Score, Chicago's sports radio. I believe they come on at 2 or 3 PM.

10. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I like them both, but I don't think Cowherd is anything like Rome at all. That said Rome's TV show kick's Herd's ass. That sportsnation show blows major chunks.