1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ Ratings

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by RealMcCoy, May 8, 2009.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah, I noticed that on Friday. Interesting stuff thanks for posting that.

2. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Damn, WBCN is one of the original FM rock stations in the country, that sucks.

3. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

Wow, pretty hard for management to ignore these numbers. Not sure how they keep the status quo with a 52% (67 for morning) drop.

I'm sure Packman will blame it on ... anybody but him.

4. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

I thought it was interesting that WBT is up. That's where their listeners are going (myself included.)

I'd sooner have no sports talk radio than listen to that yokel shit. It's depressing thinking about how good the station used to be and how they drove all their talent out of town.

5. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Either DJ Stout hits the red button and blow up the lineup and start over from scratch O-R he will be looking for a new job. I don't think the suits up in NYC will continue to accept WFNZ continually being beat by Spanish format stations!!!!!! Its obvious the station putting all of their money behind Packman has hurt them in their ability to hire new talent from other markets like they use to do in previous years. Having the stations producers (Mark Yarboro & Co.) to help support the MAC ATTACK & FRANK & BUCK SHOW on the air (though its cool hearing them put in their .02 on the air) isnt going to cut it for the long term.

PRIMETIME isn't going anywhere with their syndication deal across the NC/SC already in place. A quick option might be to cancel MAC ATTACK, have Celania host the FRANK & BUCK SHOW and move McClain to PRIMETIME and put a syndicated show in AM Drive Time (Mike & Mike or Czaban). Packman might bitch and moan about having a cohost on 'his' show, but he might have to swallow his pride and take one for the station's survival.

I think a change in the lineup could come much sooner than later (before football season kicks off in Sept). Why hasnt any potential competitors to WFNZ jumped into this market to put them out of their misery ? ? ?

6. Scottley Crue

Scottley Crue Junior Member

To your point question about competition, I wonder if people have looked at the ratings FNZ gets and think that there isn't a big enough interest for it here?

7. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

sounds like Primetime is no more in the Columbia market. I can only hope that means the end of Corey Miller as a co-host, or even worse, the fill in host of Primetime.

8. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I caught parts of Packer's show today from about 5:15p to just before they went off the air. It seemed to me that there was something wrong with Packer's typical response when someone calls in and says, "hey Pack, thanks for taking my call, I love your show" crap....the response was very subdued, a very brief thank you...hurry up and get to your point is the feeling I got. Damn, it's painful to listen to Packer if there is only one co-host (I guess that's due to budget cuts)...He wasn't a bad facilitator of conversation when there were multiple co-hosts, but listening to him commentating half the time is horrible.

Maybe things will get better now that is actually things to talk about (college football and all things Panthers)...:blank:

THE MORNING AND MID-DAY SHOWS HAVE GOT TO GO....

9. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

Actually, these numbers were from spring, not summer. These ratings come out from the season previous (summer numbers are released in the fall, fall numbers in winter, etc.)

10. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

pretty sure it got dropped in Charleston too