1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ-Packer

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by efbbfb03, Jun 2, 2009.

1. efbbfb03

efbbfb03 Junior Member

Saw the post below regarding FNZ and Packer in particular. Quite simply the show is so predictable and has gone downhill in a hurry.

I mean.................."It is Primetime. John Kilgo, Richard Walker. The boys are here til' seven. This hour of the show brought to you by.........". "Where ever you want to go fine with me".

Caller---Pack, enjoy the show. What do you think about the Lakers-Magic series.
    Marc- listen. Nobody knows that why they play the game.

How about have an opinion. It's everything. Panthers draft........Hey pack what do you think about the Panthers and this draft. "Man listen I don't know. Nobody knows. We'll just have to see".

This show is so predictable. From his stupid (and worn out) gotta stop what we are doing b/c "ding dong it's 36 to 6. HA! HA! EAGLES! or whatever the hell that is. Now they have one for the FSU Ohio State baseball game. I mean that was funny the first few times but come on.

QCB comes on for his picks. Let's go to major league baseball and what does Packer say? "SHALL WE???". I mean EVERY freaking time. The first 30 minutes of this show are SO stale. From all the Cowboys/Cubs trash talk , etc. to the stupid Jackie Gurrido "HOLA!. OK- she's hot. WE GET IT!!!

I really think that Packer could have a great show with his contacts connections, etc. I just wish he would put forth more effort.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I agree. His show has absolutely become predictable. I think the reason is he is in charge of each of his shows' content, and he puts little effort into keeping it fresh. He openly admits that he doesn't even know who the next day's co-host are.

I believe the reason is he spends all of his time in promotion of his side ventures. Southern Fried Football and all that stuff he shamelessly promotes during Primetime. He knows that if he moves on from Primetime he'll be just fine monetarily with all the other stuff he has going on, which is a buttload from what I've heard. He's not a sportstalk show host, he is 95% marketing.......

3. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

When I look up the definition of "mailing it in", I see Packer's picture. Completely agree with the comments here. And the sad thing is that the station doesn't even realize it, or Packer is too big to fire.

I also agree that the show is now just a way for him to pimp his own products.

And the show really could be good. That's the sad part of it all.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

WFNZ has a gold brick road to walk on. ZERO competition in the sportstalk arena. Ya think that's the problem?

5. brandonray99

brandonray99 Junior Member

I'm glad I found a place that is talking about this. What bothers me the most is that during the best time of year (December Panthers football) this fool takes off the whole month!!! He is always talking about how freaking boring June and July is, why doesn't he take his vacation then?

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Because he is not dedicated to his vocation.

In his defense, it's the holidays and he has a young family.

7. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

Consistently bad...and that leads to B-O-R-I-N-G

Packer....please show some originality. Your stuff is tired and becoming more tiresome. Caller-driven sports talk radio= red-neck driven sports talk radio(Johnny from Effingham is not quality sports talk radio). We are tired hearing about how you and your guest hosts are gorging yourselves on platters of fatty foods. Please quit just mailing it in and cashing the check. I know you are big buds with Jim Nantz, Boo Weekly and many others, but they can only carry you for so long. I know it would be hard to carry a show live for 4 hours every day, but that is what you get paid well to do and others do it. It requires work and preparation...that is where your shortcomings are so evident. Being so dismissive of your callers is just a technique to avoid addressing the call because you know you have nothing of merit to say.

8. bagman

bagman Junior Member

WFNZ alums

Just look at the talent that FNZ has let get away, gotten rid of, or run off:
    Gary Williams
    Steve Czaban
    Sandy Penner
    Dave Jageler
    Jim Noble
    Chuck Howard
    ....not to mention the many area journalists/broadcasters who simply refuse to be on the station anymore because they don't want to be associated with it's lameness. And the one guy they hold onto is Packer?

Most of these guys have gone on to much bigger and better things.

9. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

Packer is like that one guy in high school that doesn't go off to college or take a job elsewhere, but stays in his little home town, where he's the big fish in a small pond. Its all part of supporting the ego.

10. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

I'm not understanding the respect I seem to hear for Packer...do you guys think he is more talented than the other fools on this station, or is it simply because of his Dad ?
    To me, he's just as bad as the other tools.