1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

we really need these games on TV

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by MikeNinerHunt, Dec 24, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

real, if you can speak......
    is there a high probability of Bob Johnson's network picking up alot of our games next year? I know it has been tossed around, what are they wanting to do?

2. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

Merry Christmas PI.

Name a team besides Louisville that televises every damn game.

It is no one's job to televise every game. That is a just a ridiculous request.

I don't market the team. I sell Corporate Sponsorships and help promote the team on radio and TV. I used to be involved in marketing, then I realized there are always people who can do it better and budgets that get smaller. And, smaller.

Case in point, I raise funds last year to place a major billboard in the city. The result: (1) It's nice. We need more. (2) The slogan "sucks" and the team was not good enough to fulfill the promise: Another Banner Year.
    We televise three men's games. It's not enough. There has to be a need and a want and your point about the Coaches Show is lame. Again. If you want to support Bobby and his 60-minute Live Show, show up and drink and challenge him with a question.

It's much too easy to find faults.

It's not your job to televise games. It is YOUR job to support the school as you do with -- very well, indeed -- your attendance, ticket purchases and donations. And, it is YOUR job to interest friends in doing the same. That's the ONLY marketing I do now.

Yep. You struck the annual nerve. I suggest you write Judy and tell her all you know about marketing and maybe she'll pass it on to those who market the school on the administrative level.

3. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I'd rather just call and not eat the crap at O'Chucks. That is probably the one restaurant in University area I refuse to spend money at, and a lot of other people agree.

4. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I was not blaming you Real, I was just acknowledging the fact that you would take offense to my comments.

The saying "the proof is in the pudding" applies here. You say too many people are complaining about how the team is marketed and that tells me that the job is not being done right. The idea is to sell the program and I think most of us will agree that is not getting done. It shows in ticket sales, attendace at Lutz Live and in corporate dollars donated.

5. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Kentucky, Indiana, I'm sure there's more. Teams that get 90% on TV. All the ACC NC schools, Syracuse, UCLA, Maryland, Cincy, Memphis, Marquette.

6. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I am not naive enough to think we can televise every game and that was not my point. I just think that this game would have been a good marketing tool. URI is going to be in our new conference and it might have been good to show a quaity future league member to the Charlotte market. They already had a TV crew there and I think it would have been money well spent to get a satellite feed for this particular game.

Merry Christmas Real.

7. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Damn Mike, are you throwing DJ Stout & The Rest of the Boys at 1520 South Blvd. Suite 300 'under the bus' :) ?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  8. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

1) if O'Charleys' is not the best place to host the WFNZ Coaches Show, perhaps it needs to be moved to Picasso's

2) The 49ers need to be talking with Bob Johnson about getting some of their games on the new Regional Sports Network he is going to start for the Bobcats. I'm sure college hoops will be a big prescece on their and Charlotte needs to get its foot into the door now to make sure they have a place on the table :) !!!!

9. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

is that still gonna happen?? I'd heard that Johnson had scrapped the idea of the Sports Network

10. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

There's a mention in here of the regional sports network.

Bonnell's notebook