1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

We got Williams - they got Norwood

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Aug 27, 2006.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm not worried about this kid. I'm not worried about Jackson. Us beating the Falcons is "us showing up".

He does fit their scheme well, sure. Maybe one day he'll be a starter when Dunn's gone. He has speed. And so do we.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

No offense intended, but did you actually see him at Mississippi State? As far as I could tell, people only started liking him when they saw his combine time.

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

If you're implying I'm not a college FB junkie you'd be right.

Knowing we'd likely be drafting a day 1 RB, I checked him out. Saw some youtube stuff around/prior to draft time is all, and the usual reading of scouting reports. I seem to remember you weren't very high on him (?).

I'm not unhappy in any way with Williams, btw.

4. Roy2UNC

Roy2UNC Junior Member

got to actually see him play in person against Florida 2 years ago. he in two words is truly nasty. go to give him the props. I love our pick of Williams, but where the falcons got him (norwood), id consider him a steal.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

If by just "showing up" you mean Fox & Co being arrogant enough to just play our same ol’ straight out of the gate 99% vanilla shit and think that’s good enough then the falcons will kill us on the 10th. Mora Jr is going to make this game the friggin Super Bowl to them and they are going to throw everything in the kitchen at us including cut-blocks cheap shots gadget plays etc. We better have a less than predictable extremely well prepared game plan ready or it’s going to be yet another dreary and disappointing opening day.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Nah. We can be vanilla and still beat the Falcons as long as our guys play like they're capable of doing. There isn't really anything special about what Atlanta tries to do, we just have to control the gaps up front and then move their guys on offense. Grady Jackson will make that more difficult, but we won't need trickery to beat them.

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Not implying that we resort to trickery, just don’t want Henning (especially) resting on laurels and calling the same damn game that was "pretty effective" last season. I want them to go farther out on the limb and tailor the plan each week to the opposition and our new personnel (especially in the opener). Our guys have got to know Mora well enough by now to get prepared and keep from getting a move or two behind on the board at gametime. For Instance - No friggin draws or WR screens right off the bat . . . and stuff

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    If we're that predictable (and we often are), we'll get shown up by more than just the Falcons. We don't always show up with the same intensity early in the season, and it's cost us at times. We also don't always have even effort in games, and it compounds when you look at the mental block we've often had against the Falcons and Vick.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Well I imagine we will incorporate more of the mid-range passing game to take advantage of Keyshawn, but if you're expecting a different offense then you're going to be disappointed. Fox is obviously the type of coach who believes that you should play your type of game rather than have your gameplay dictated by the other team's defense.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

IMO we've lost to them in the past mainly b/c our O didn't execute, not b/c Vick hurt us inordinately.

What we need to do to win is to simply execute, it's not gonna be about trickery. We have the better team.