1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Was a Withers Fan.....

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by H. I. McDonnough, Nov 22, 2003.

1. H. I. McDonnough

H. I. McDonnough My friends call me HI

not too sure anymore.

At the 11:35 mark of the 2nd half while our team was in a huddle trying to get things on track, Withers is checking and apparantly responding to a text message on his phone. This just seems like something Grier would do, and I would have never expected it from Withers. I hope this is just bad judgement and not a reflection of his focus to the game.

Maybe he had a family emergency or something like that, but I can't believe the coaching staff would allow a cell phone on the bench during a game.

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

more signs that Lutz has no control. No team in America is allowed to have a cell phone on the bench in the pros or college.

3. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I don't ever remember Grier no being focused on the huddle.

Respect, passion, and discipline start at the top. I almost can't blame Withers. If I were him, I'd leave this program. All the bullshit that went on at the CUSA tourney, Demon attempting any shot he wanted last year, why should Withers follow the rules while others are let to slide? He's the only guy on this team who does more than one thing well. I"ve actually seen him at the library with a backpack and books he was reading.

Unless he hit on one of Lutz's daughters, I think the suspension is total bullshit.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Hope Withers is feeling good today, he is accountable for the loss. Rebounding and turnovers equal last night, GWU got too many easy shots the first half and 25% second-half shooting will always cost you a victory.

5. H. I. McDonnough

H. I. McDonnough My friends call me HI

6. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

i saw that shit too and cant belive he had a phone with him. thats just a lack of caring about the game. please please please dont tell me withers is gonna be another grier. trying be more of a thug instead of a team player just cant happen. i still like withers, but damn im gettin worried.

7. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

I would like to hear what he did that warranted sitting out the season opener, before we blame the loss on him. Greir punched out a teammate then played in the conference tourney.

8. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I heard a story but since I can't confirm or deny it, I'll keep that rumor to myself. The point is barry, that Withers did do something to be disciplined for a game.

9. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

And my point is sitting him out of the home opener was pretty harsh.If he did something worse than punching out a teammate, I would love to know what he did. If you are going to discipline the players be consistent.

HP, is what you heard he did, worse than punching out a teammate, in your oppinion? Coach was quoted in the Obswerver
    as saying what Withers did "wasn't that bad." :feedback: ;)

10. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I talked to a few people that know everything at the pre-game meal and they were either not talking or really didnt know. The most I got out of anyone was that we will never know the real story.