1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wake-Duke

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by SilverSurfer, Feb 2, 2005.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Wake played great and deserved to win, there is no denying that. I hate to lose in any way but for some reason this game doesn't worry me at all. Wake played at the top of their game the whole game while Duke didn't until the last 8 minutes. In other words I see a lot of room for improvement in Duke but not a lot in the way Wake can play.

The refs were shitty both ways. In think Wake caught some calls at the right times that killed some runs by Duke and then the refs would call two tacky fouls on Wake like they realized they fucked up. There was one point in the second half where replays clearly showed Eric Williams knocking the ball out of bounds twice in a row but the ball was awarded to Wake. You didn't ever hear Dickie V screaming that Wake got away with anything though. That is, IMO, the reason for a perceived bias. The anouncers always point out the ones Duke gets away with but never ever the calls their opponents get away with.

And the hanging on the rim? Absolutely that was a technical. Not for hanging on the rim though but for grabbing the rim in the first place. The play was blown long before he had to grab onto the rim and, had he not done that, he would have never had to hang there.

Paul showed me what a punk he is in the Ewing scrum. You don't grab for a ball with a closed fist and it was obvious he was driving his elbow into Ewings face on purpose. Ewing retaliated but I can't blame him. Dany-puss is a fucking punk too. He was intentionally trying to undercut Williams.

See you punks in Cameron (I always hate having to say that)

2. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Wake played good and should have won, the reason dook didn't play good was because of Wake, not dook, namely Ewing kept uder wraps.

The touching/hanging on the rim, no part of that should have been a tech. The reason his did it, was because a dook player bumped into his lower body and took it out from under him. See only what you want to see Sly, you are such a joke.

Paul was a punk, but so was Ewing, what Paul did doesn't warrant a swing/punch in that situation if you are the almighty smart dook player. :xyzthumbs

Bitch about some calls man, you know if dook doesn't get calls then neither can WAKE! :banana:

Right, only the other teams get calls to their advantage. It's never just even is it?

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I watched the replays of that mess that they showed over and over and I didn't see any swing or punch from either player.

4. slydevl

And you are stupid fuck who knows nothing about basketball. Nobody bumped him until he was swinging back down. Not during the shot, not immediately after the shot. The refs got that one right.

5. slydevl

Ewing pushed Paul away. Only a pansy UNC fan would call that a punch.

6. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

Oh, there was a lot of yapping and then the pushing and shoving, but I honestly didn't see anything worthy of ejection.

7. slydevl

That must be why no one got ejected. They said the techs were for the jawing.

8. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

UNC fans complaining about punk players, priceless :rofl:

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well actually that is a dook punch, it was about the best he could do!

Both should have been gone, but at least they didn't eject one and not the other. In this case two wrongs made a right!

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I didn't even read his full post, but based simply on reading your reply... why is it that when someone disagrees with you do you say they don't know a thing about basketball? Are you the all knowing basketball god? If I'd have known this I'd tell people that I knew you. Did you playe basketball in the NBA? Maybe college? Hgh School? Jr. High?