1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Urban

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by vpkozel, Jul 23, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I did not want to continue this in the thread about the 49er Asst. AD, because I did not want to turn it into an argument thread.

The fact if the matter is that I don't give a shit about you, metro, your 2 bit conference, or your high school basketball program. I also don;t care how you did shit on the other board, but here when people are sick, we pull together.

The guy made a nice gesture - and no one same your lame, extremely non-humorous ass saw fit to say anything but send good wishes to the family. Even people who I know are all over metro in other threads.

I find that when I am new to a place I generally am accepted a little better if I learn the rules of the new place - not walk in and tell them what I think the rules should be.

So fuck off.

edit - and if you had any fucking decency you'd delete your threads from there. I am not, however, holding my breath.

2. Urban

Urban Full Access Member

Like I said, it is disrespectful of metro to discuss someone elses personal matters on a message board, esp when the person is not even a member. That was my point.

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Fair enough, but that is a common practice on this board - hence the rules comment. And the fact that you obviously chose to use it as a chance to bring your squabble there is what pissed me off. If you don't like it - don't read teh thread. Larry does a great job of running this place. I am sure if he neesds your help, he'll ask

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Hell, you and metro have been doing that all along with each other. Why get all sanctimonious now?

5. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

did i not read that the person in need has posted here or on the otrher board? in my mind that constitutes a member.

6. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Give it up Urban, you'll lose this battle in TRB. No one here will take your side for the argument. 49ers fans or not, there are some things this group will fight for the right to do and one at the top of the list is sending out positive prayers and thoughts to someone in need.

7. SayHey

SayHey Full Access Member

Postive thoughts and prayers are always a good thing. TBR impresses me with the way it's members pull together.

I may get railed on for this, but I don't think urban's point was to say that was a bad thing, but to say that if the request, no matter how favorable, was done without the family knowing, it wasn't appropriate. Everyone covets positive thougths and prayers, but not all want their personal struggles put out for all to see.

I don't know this to be the case mind you, but that's just how I read urban's remarks.

8. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I don't buy that idea for a second SayHey. It was an attempt as usual (because that's all he does) to bash metro. If you cared to search past threads I think you would find where TBR members have banded together many times for people who are not members or even related to members on this board. Yes, perfect strangers, what a concept! If Urban has a problem with that, he has no conscience and I pity the day when he might be in the same shoes as the Spease family, SilverSurfer or anyone else.

I for one, will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers daily.

9. Urban

Urban Full Access Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. Some people don't want their family life plastered all over a message board. Did metro discuss this with the family? The tbr people are all well intentioned, no doubt.

10. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

so you have to have permission to wish someone well? this sickness isn't secret. I am 99% sure they appreciate 49er fans wishing them well.

if my 3 year old (and I have one) was having the same problem, and an aquaitence of mine put up similar info to think of me at that time on a 49er board, I would be very appreciative.

A 49er employee has a sick kid, and this is a 49er board. I am sure being the message board fan he is, he doesn't mind me saying for everyone to wish his son well.

I can't believe this is even a topic. :rolleyes: