1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC to the Final Four

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by The Brain, Mar 27, 2011.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Thanks for clearing that up.

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

You're welcome. I'm all about banners.

ADs can worry about their budget (which is at least adding to the discussion.)

3. DJ_Tet

"This team came together, made strides, achieved some of our goals," Marshall said. "One of them was to make the Final Four. We didn't reach it, but we still had a successful season ... and it should just make us hungrier for next season."

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Damn, let the retards roll. Both schools had a good season, and it's pretty much a wash. I don't give a fuck who was better, neither team won it all this year....end of story.

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

True.

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

a'yep.....

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

So just curious - since you seem to place so much value on a conference championship. Does the team that won the MEAc championship or the Sunbelt or the CAA or Southern Conference have a better season than UNC who didn't win a championship and only made it to the Elite Eight?

8. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

No, it's always selective criteria for what ever Duke had an advantage in for that situation.

9. DJ_Tet

No I obviously didn't express myself very well. I was referring to a very few select schools that obviously have higher goals than Elite 8. When laff pulled my quote out of context I realized that even other teams in the ACC would likely value an E8 more than an ACC Championship in the current era.

Anyway I was just speaking for my personal views as a Duke fan, and contrary to whatever shit people want to toss I wouldn't bend the 'rules' so to speak if the shoe was on the other foot. I absolutely would not trade the season UNC had for the season Duke had. I feel Duke accomplished more. You have to throw in the S16 appearance in along with the Conference Championship to really get at what I was comparing though, but like I said I obviously didn't express myself clearly enough.

10. DJ_Tet

I guess to me the difference in the S16 and E8 just never was that great. I'm always really upset to lose in the E8. There's something about making it that extra week that's special. The FF is remembered. The E8 is, damn, we almost made it. It's quite an accomplishment for most schools and UNC fans absolutely should be thrilled after last year. I just feel like Duke accomplished a bit more this year. It's not strictly CC vs E8, you have to consider the S16 and the 2-1 H2H matchup.

And no, not every conference values CCs as much as the ACC (which traditionally used the tournament to decide it's participant) and not every conference has such a close battle at the top for total champions (I'd wager the Pac 10 and SEC to be particularly uncompetitive.)

So no, didn't explain my viewpoint well at all, my bad. Wasn't really even trying to take anything away from UNC fans.