1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC to the Final Four

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by The Brain, Mar 27, 2011.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Duke

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Guess it comes down to the ACC tourny champ and "regular season champ" argument. Both teams had great seasons.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

:worried:

4. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Blah, yeah, I know. No coffee yet.

5. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

sly was just like Dook, watching that game on tv

Carolina lost that game the same way they lost the Dook games, terrible perimeter defense. You can't let a great shooter just sit out there waiting to get the ball.

Maybe Coach Cal will get to keep this final four appearance but I doubt it.

6. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Only a retard UNC homer would even attempt to make the claim that UNC had a better season.

2 to 1
    ACC Tounament Champs
    Better regular season
    higher seed

Without a true round robin schedule the regular season crown has become meaningless.

Basically all UNC has to hang its hat on is the fact that it got to play Marquette in the sweet 16. Duke beat Marquette too. Big whup.

Any UNC fan worth their salt would trade that Marquette win to have beaten Duke in the ACC Championship the way Duke whupped UNC. Simple fact.

7. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

Duke got knocked out a round earlier when their expectations were through the roof. This years team was as highly touted the whole year as any in college bball. They were embarrassed in a Sweet Sixteen game.

UNC made it to an elite 8 with a team that started of the year looking like a question mark to make the tournament. They finished the year incredibly strong.

When you judge a year, I look at expectations, and its hard to say Duke exceeded expectations, where its easy to say UNC did. UNC = Better year.

I hate both teams.

8. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah only chance for UNC bragging rights this year were for them to make the FF. Even then, if they don't win the NC, it's basically a wash with the way Duke dominated them in the ACC Tourney.

Personally, I'd rather have the Final Four, but that's just me. A lot of people would rather have the ACC Championship.

Nobody would rather have an Elite Eight.

edit: Duke's 'expectations' got knocked out of the window in December. No Duke fan could have 'expected' Nolan Smith to play as well as he did at the point, and certainly no one 'expected' another Final Four until a couple of weeks ago at best.

9. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Furthermore, the extra round that UNC made gave them 'bragging rights' for about 3 days at most. The real round separation comes from making it to the next weekend, which UNC did not do. The week of anticipating a S16 or a F4 matchup is what makes the tournament great.

Going to the E8 while beating an 11 seed isn't that much to hang your hat on but if it's what you got I guess. It's better than a lot of teams can say I'll give you that. But it's nothing UNC should brag about, then again they did rush the court...

10. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Actually UNC started the year ranked in the top 10 and they will end the year ranked about the same.

LOL at your idiotic comments. When you judge a year you judge it on results dipshit and there is no way you can look at the actual results and say UNC had a better year.

Finished the year incredibly strong? The only team they beat strongly was Marquette. If struggling against mediocre teams means finishing "incredibly strong" then I need to go back and relearn the english language.

And of course, Dukes preseason expectations were based on having a top 5 draft pick healthy which you forget to mention.