1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC/NCSU

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LClefty04, Nov 16, 2008.

1. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

Yeah, but you wouldn't have mentioned his brother at all if you weren't trying to make a comparison.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Full Access Member

All the brothers look the same...I'd say it's safe to assume they may play the same.

3. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

it's about as likely as stickwolf saying Paulus isn't worth a shit because he came in his first game with his back against the wall as a redshirt freshman against one of the better defenses in the ACC.

Point is, UNC has Paulus, Renner, AJ Blue, Yates and Hansen competing for the QB spot next year. While NC State just has a center fielder, Glennon and some no name JC transfer - good luck "coaching any of that talent up" but I expect more from NC State with the facilities they have and TOB. When the talent at UNC and NC State are better, then ACC football will be solid, until then, the ACC will always be 3rd at best, and still a basketball conference.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

He's a good but not great QB, but nowhere have I pretended that he's incredibly special. Still, a good but not great QB is important and something most ACC teams don't have. Wilson is pretty solid, and certainly won't kill State the way those other quarterbacks did.

5. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

6. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

...1. Phillip Rivers came to NCSU through Joe Pate period. Amato had zero to do with it. BTW, when "red shoes" was let go, Coach Pate was the ONLY guy that NCSU kept in the Ath. dept.!

2. So NCSU has a big time playmaker at QB who also plays baseball...ok, whats wrong with that?

3. Injuries are part of sports for all teams and are no excuse for discipline and penalties, but when those players, who "suck", are healthy, they DO make a difference in the value of a program.
    If UNC wins, good for them.
    If they lose, will there be excuses or blame?
    Blame the coach, QB, etc.
    Or excuses like, "oh well", "we lost Tate, and Yates" so wait 'til basketball season"

4. Knowing UNC and NCSU as alot of us do over the last 20 years, who can predict which team from either school will show up.

7. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

8. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

there is nothing wrong with Wilson, I was just saying how lucky NC State was to have a baseball player who could also step in as qb, otherwise who knows what their record would be because of the lack of recruiting from TOB.

no excuses from me. if they lose, then a hot NC State team trying to earn a bowl bid beat them, like they did last year. TOB gets them fired up for the in state games, there's no denying that as NC State is 5-1 vs. North Carolina schools.

basketball season is here, see UNC ranked #1 and NC State still embarassing themselves - but we can carry that into the basketball forum if you'd like.

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I forgot. How long has 'TOB' been at NC State.........?

10. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Ok I can agree with that.