1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC/NCSU

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LClefty04, Nov 16, 2008.

1. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

The moral of this story is that shit talking before a game as a fan makes you look like an idiot.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Most of the State players who kicked Carolina's ass on Saturday were recruited under Red Shoes. And while I would rather have beaten State than seven other teams, it's still relevant that NCSU is last in the Atlantic Division. Carolina laid an egg on one day. An admittedly important day where it sucked to get humiliated by a rival, yes, but still just one day. You know, like that one day where NCSU got humiliated by a South Florida team that's only 2-4 in the Big Least.

Butch Davis isn't Red Shoes. He's a good coach in addition to being a great recruiter. It's ok to admit that you're scared because this will probably be the last time for a long while that State beats Carolina. An ass whooping like that should last a while anyway. But the fact is that Carolina is getting a lot better recruits than they were in the past, and they're going to be a lot better team because of it. Remember, UNC is one of the youngest teams in the ACC this season but still managed an impressive level of success. Let's see what happens next year.

The two bedroom, 1146 square foot apartment? Tell me, how big is your house? Look dude, trolling these forums doesn't make you any less of a loser. Everyone knows that you're a coward and that you're a piece of shit. See a psychiatrist about that if you need to, but deal with it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

OK you take Ponder I'll take my guy....I don't care...We'll have this conversation OVER AND OVER for the next 4 years....I can promise that.

The SECOND QUOTE is WHY I AM so sensitive about IT. I've LIVED IT.....SEEN IT.....and LIVED it again Saturday, much to my delight this time.....Get them all I don't give a DAMN because judging by the last 2 years ON THE FIELD , you guys are further behind us than you will ever admit. Have a GREAT DAY......And before I go.....NC STATE-41 UNC-10 and it wasn't THAT CLOSE.....

4. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

no kidding. Class is ranked 7th nationally now, all for a waste.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I just got through saying that Wilson is better than Ponder, you moron. There are other ACC quarterbacks who are better than either, since neither of those guys have put up very good numbers, but I was making the point that people don't think Ponder is good but Wilson's numbers are very similar. If Wilson continues to improve, then he has a chance to become special. Right now he's just solid.
    Red Shoes was a great recruiter but a horrible head coach. Butch Davis is a great recruiter and a very good head coach. And if you want to bring him into the equation, Tom O'Brien is a bad recruiter despite being a great head coach. With Red Shoes' players, O'Brien has beaten Carolina twice.
    Based on what? When UNC beat State 23-9 in '06, did that mean you were way behind us at that point? What about the loss in 2005? Or the loss in 2004? State beat the ever loving shit out Carolina this past Saturday, but while one day means everything for bragging rights, one day doesn't make a season or determine the strength of your program. UNC wasn't the better program when we won from '04 to '06, and State's not the better program now.

6. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

State is also young too. It will be a fun battle between NC State and UNC for a long time because both schools are getting better players than Punting and Red shoes. TOB and Davis are better coaches than the previous coaches there and no doubt about it, the battle between these two schools will be a fun one to watch every year.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Obviously I prefer that they end up at Carolina, but it's a good thing if the best North Carolina high school players end up somewhere in the state rather than going to Penn State or Georgia or Florida.

8. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Or maybe that makes you a fan trying to have fun? it's a message board. You actually want people to sit and wait quietly until the game is over? What’s the point?

As uneducated as stickwolf sounds, I've read all of his posts and haven't said a word. State fans deserve the right to bash now. He wasn't around when Bunting was beating NC State 3 years in a row, but that's just how it is. If he's around this time next year, or wants to partake in the basketball forum, similar shit talking will be seen there - ask Sly.

9. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Well I differ on them going to UNC and rather them go to State but last year State won the in-state recruting battle and this year UNC is winning it easily, so at least these HS players do recognize that these two school's are changing and these coaches do understand the importance of getting in-state players.

10. CharlottePirate

CharlottePirate Full Access Member

Hey, the good thing there is even ECU has bragginf rights against NCSU in basketball until later this year. :stirthepot: