1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC-Kansas running thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Miss tery, Apr 5, 2008.

1. chris

chris Full Access Member

I was at the bar last night watching the game and laughing pulling against UNC (I needed them to lose to keep me first place in my poll).

Three Carolina fans where getting pissed at me. I looked at them and said "I'm a State fan, how serious can you take me?" They agreed.

2. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

The 8-20 squad wouldn't have even gone down 28. That was the flattest opening sequence i've ever seen from this team.

The timeout thing is bullshit because how many TV time outs were there on the way to 40-12?? They came out shell shocked, plain and simple. Then they panicked.

Kansas had that same look in their eyes when we cut it down to 4, but they regained composure and kicked our ass for the SECOND time in the same game.

Kudos to KU. Unfortunately, I think Memphis is gonna win by 15+.

3. reb

reb 1riot1reb

4. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Yeah, I think Kansas shot their wad in that game. No one could have played better than they did at certain points of that game. Memphis cruised in their game and should be ready to rip the jayhawks another one (or so I hope).

5. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Thing is, Kansas let UNC back in that game with just shitty play and bad decisions....UNC never actually got control of the game and Kan just laid a first class ass whipping on them.....I loved every minute of it........and the officiating was very beneficial for UNC considering that Hansflop was going down faster than Richard Simmons at a transvestite convention.

Greatest day of the fucking year!

6. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

22 of their 34 field goals were lay ups or dunks. i don't call that anybody shooting their wad. that's just domination of a shitty defense. carolina sucked major ass.

7. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Its funny that folks dont want to question why Roy saves his timeouts.....Self saw the wheels coming off and used his liberally.....Roy went down with 2 TOs in his pocket.....there are 4 TV TOs in each half...and depending on the stoppage of play those may not come as quick as they should.....Roy fucked up royally when he didnt call one when they went down double digits....then he waits till they go down 28.....poor coaching IMO......Bill out coached him in crunch time.

8. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

I think one of Roy's problems (and was his big problem last year) is he plays too many people. Coach K doesn't play his bench enough but Roy Williams plays everyone no matter what, which sometimes isn't good. Last year he had all the players that he had on this team, plus Frasor, Terry, and Wright and they had a hard time gelling sometimes last year. Next year they lose QT, and maybe one underclassman but they get 4 McD's All Americans back (Counting Frasor), so I bet Williams has like 15 people getting playing time next year. This year he was forced to only play 8 (with Graves being the 9th) and I think that tight rotation (similar to '05) was crucial. He just played too many damn people last year and I bet he does next year. But, why the hell did Roy Williams have Special Graves in the game with about 8 minutes to go? He didn't screw up royally but the game was really close and he had a rested Danny Green playing well and Graves sucks and screws up often with terrible shots and turns the ball over a lot. I didn't even notice he was in till he was fouled on a handcheck and I was like "What the hell is Roy thinking having Graves in the game at all right now" If Kansas can't win against Memphis tomorrow then it wasn't just Roy Williams, and Kansas is cursed. Thank God Kansas won. Living in North Carolina will be tolerable now :champagne:

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Better than a shitty team.

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

you fucking suck