1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC-Kansas running thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Miss tery, Apr 5, 2008.

1. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

belmont game Duke a better game than UNC-Charlotte, Chapel Hill Campus. belmont . UNC-C,CHC

2. Pee Cee

Pee Cee STEP UP YOUR GAME!

thanks, **********

3. python

python It Happens

I love little pet names.

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

thats flat out wrong. they closed the gap to 4 after being down by 28. no team has ever came back from that big a deficit. if you're gonna troll, at least bring it. for fucks sake.

5. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

I have no problems with Roy Williams pulling for his former team to win the national championship. If Im not mistaken, when his Kansas Jayhawks lost to North Carolina in 1993, he stayed in New Orleans to watch UNC win the title over Michigan that following Monday night.

I put this on another thread....But after UNC won the national title in 2005, Roy Williams was talking with UNC Chancellor James Moeser before the game and the chancellor told the coach, "It's not immoral to love two institutions." Again, I thought he had class to not only concede to his former team, but also pledge his support to them for the championship game. His former Kansas players (namely Nick Collison, Paul Pierce, Kirk Hinrich, and others) were in his corner when he won it all 3 years ago.

No shit about State?? Just like another guy said on here...I'll take 36-3, the ACC Conference and Tournament Championship, Regional Championship, Final Four appearance, National Player of the Year, and a #1 ranked team throughout the season - than going 15-16, losing 13 of the last 17 games, dead last in the ACC, and no post-season invites (not even to the College Basketball Invitational!). Yep.....Big Sid's red jacket is sure doing North Cow-alina State alot of good. Go out and buy you one, it might give you the same "success".

You say UNC's title win in 2005 was loaned....I guess thats true along the same lines of NC State's in 1983. "Magic of 1983"? - I say Houston was mighty charitable in New Mexico and gave it away.

6. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Oh really fucktard? I'm not trolling, if your team makes the Final Four, you have a pretty damn good shot at a National Championship. Now, if your team decides not to show up for said FF game, well, there's nothing I need to tell you about that.

They had a shot at a NC and decided not to show up. When they did decide to show up, it was way too late. Nice timeout at 38-12 there, Roy.

7. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

you dont go down 40-12 and claim "you showed up"....anybody watching that game saw UNC get its ass handed to them....Hell they came back not b/c of solid play but b/c Kansas was taking stupid shots......How many times did hansy let his man go straight to the basket? They got their asses handed to them and were an embarrassment to the ACC.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Agreed the Carolina comeback was more about Kansas stinking it up like UNC did to start the game. As for that OLE defense by Hansbrough - saw that all year - it's the patented "Tyler let your man score so you don't get in foul trouble and it doesn't matter really because we'll score right back in five seconds" defense. That won them 36 games this year. But it won't win against teams as good as Kansas.

9. Pee Cee

Pee Cee STEP UP YOUR GAME!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Duke, the #2 team in the ACC needed alot of luck, and a little help to get past a 15 seed. Then stunk it up against a middle of the pack Big East team in the second round.

Thats much more embarrassing than losing in the Final Four to the eventual National Champions.

Grid is right the ACC as a whole did suck this year. Fuck the rest of the ACC, they can all go down in flames every year as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  10. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

For the record, Pee Cee is absolutely right. As a dook fan I'd trade our season for UNC's every day and twice on Sunday. Dook's showing was much poorer than getting blown out in the Final Four. It's not like UNC didn't get another few banners to hang this year, Dook got shit.