1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tweets of interest

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Louie

Louie Full Access Member

Part of the problem is Hurney waits around until they are FA's to sign another deal. Maybe they didn't redo anyones deal last year because JR said no, let's hold off on that. If they would have redid Johnson's and WIlliams' contracts last season, you know it would have been much cheaper than now. Going forward, this organization needs to do a better job at identifying who the "core players" are and renewing them sooner, rather than later, jmho.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

That is a good point. Since they did not lock up DW I thought he was gone. CJ had a break out year so I guess it makes more sense to have waited on him.

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I really dont think hurney has the power to decide when and when to not sign or re-sign. I think Hurney does what he's told.

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

maybe someone will tell him to jump off a cliff

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah. just like I don't see how we go without vets, esp. at QB, WR without being told so.
    We've been dowm this road/argument many t%mes.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
  7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

@ClaytonESPN
    John Clayton
    The bad news of the Cowboys releasing Columbo, Davis, R. Williams, K. Brown and M Barber, they have $20.9 of dead money in 2012 :banana: ouch! what is that 20% of the projected cap?

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yeah this goes back to us purging last year in an uncapped year.

It hurt like shit, but we were in bad shape in alot of ways. It was a good year to do it. Dallas will be fucked next year.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Yep. Dallas thought they were closer to playoffs and didn't make any hard decisions then. No one had the idea we would suck as much as we did last year but at least we used the uncapped year to purge bad contracts

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

There were only three teams interested in DeAngelo, and the Broncos made a public statement that the money was way out of their league the day before he signed. CJ also said that what Atlanta discussed for him was nowhere near what the Panthers offered, so who were we bidding against? The whole idea of re-signing your own players is to get them for at most what other teams are offering, not to offer vastly more than anyone else. Hurney has consistently overspent on players throughout his time here, and doing that cripples your cap. Now he can't afford to bring in anyone new to help a 2-14 team.

Very, very doubtful. Hurney is also probably the only currently employed GM who would have offered that much for a 28 year old running back.