1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tweets of interest

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

But you do keep pretending that anyone is surprised that they re-signed their own players. That's not what people are bitching about, which you know, but you become dishonest any time you don't want to acknowledge something. People are pissed about how much the Panthers spent to re-sign those players. Can you at least dial down the homer enough to acknowledge that it's discouraging to hear that Atlanta's offer for CJ was nowhere near as big as ours?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Oh? I was being 'intellectually dishonest' using the word "aggressive" to suggest that they did say they were going to overpay? It's free agency. The top players at two different positions weren't going to come for peanuts. I don't like that they overspent but you can't possibly be surprised. You're not that naive.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's pathetic that you cannot just be honest about anything.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

good to know you'd rather bitch and whine about me than literally anything else.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

for everybody else - oll - am I the only one surprised it wasn't actually worse? I feared, once they started talking about the Giants being in it with DW, that they'd run us up to $10 million or more. I knew the CJ deal would be over $10 mil. I fully anticipate the Kalil contract to be similar to the DW contract. We've always overpaid a bit for guys we know.

6. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

You guys waited through this lockout just to be miserable and complain?

7. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

For the last 2 years all the complaining was that the Panthers were cheap. Now it's complaining they spend too much. Funny shit.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

there's always room for fiscal responsibility but I'm not amongst the complaining. I said weeks, months ago I'd rather put an extra mil a year into Johnson but worried about overpaying for support players like JA (who signed a deal I'm not unhappy about, after having bitched about worries of overpayment). I mean, I wouldn't have signed DW personally, but he's the most talented back we have (I guess).

9. The Batman

The Batman Full Access Member

The only one that makes me sick is Mare. The others are just overpaid, but productive.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I'd be OK with Mare from a short term perspective if it were smaller money. Hartsock makes me a little sick because we didn't really improve the position. He might be a good guy to bring in as a 3rd guy to block 5-10 snaps a game cheaply and do some special teams work, but he's by no means a good 2nd TE and I assumed we'd want/need that. To expand, if Shockey misses any extended time we're screwed.