1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Trgovac officially leaving

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Mr. Scot, Jan 22, 2009.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Another DL coach (while I'm trying to look up other coaches) and one with ties to Herm:

Tim Krumrie, DL Coach, Chiefs. He spent three years with Herm after spending over a decade with the Bengals. Two teams you think of when you think punishing defensive lines, right? Of course not. But Krumrie is such a technician-laden and tough coach, that he personally works out every defensive lineman at the combine himself. As in, he faces up to them (no pads) and whips some of them. If you have leverage issues, he finds them. If you have one good move, he'll exploit you. He's one hell of a coach and he expects the best out of situations where he hasn't always had much talent. He actually worked out USC linemen so hard at their pro day that he's banned from campus and pulled a tirade out of Pete Carroll.

Krumrie is also considered somewhat legendary by old-school standards for being a Pro Bowl NT, and some might remember his leg shattering in two places on national television against the 49ers. He's also the guy who injured Don Majkowski to start the Brett Favre era (Majkowski at the time was one of the recordholders for consecutive games played at QB)

2. Faithwarrior118

Faithwarrior118 Jesus loves you

I think that may be a significant factor as well. They figured if things go bad in 2009 the Panthers might fire the entire staff.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I really don't see that. To me, despite the gloom and doom, 12-4 probably buys Fox and whoever he wants around a couple more years unless there's some form of collapse, which I doubt.

4. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

wonder if they saw ownership was leaning towards bending to pamper Pepper's demands about schemes or whatever and said fuck it

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't think there's much chance of that. I doubt Richardson would make those kinds of demands on Fox, and I certainly don't believe that Fox would accede to them regardless. Still, there would appear to be some compelling reason, as it's pretty unlikely that they all just decided to pick this same off-season coincidentally.

6. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I don't really believe that either, just thinking through it

7. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

Just making reference to his "all the good coaches are gone" comment.

Read a while back how that combine drill got started. Krumrie had questions about a particular prospect's hand skills, so he walked over and started putting him to the test.

League guys were so impressed with the drill they made it a regular part of the combine. One team was so impressed with the young lineman's performance in the drill that they drafted him in the first round.

The young lineman's name: Jason Peter

The team: Guess who? :shout:

(wouldn't hold that against Krumrie though)

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Full Access Member

I saw Krumrie in action at Catawba College when they had a few guys invited to the combine. He beat the shit out of the two defensive linemen prospects - Lockhart and Peterson. I think Lockhart bounced around the NFL for a few years and they both played in NFL Europe.

9. Pat Yasinskas

Pat Yasinskas Banned From TBR

They are trying to aviod a 7-9 or 8-8 season. Like in true Fox Fashion.

10. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

I think Collin is available to interview...but he's more of a Quarterback man.
    :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: