1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Travell Wharton

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Where are you getting those numbers?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I made them up, of course.

STATS, INC, same as I've gotten all the sack numbers I've posted in my pregames.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Just wondering, that's all. Is STATS Inc still subscription only? In any case, I definitely think that Gross has given up more than three sacks this season.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Nope. I've watched it after every game this year, and that's correct. He had two sacks and 4 penalties going into ATL.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't have access to those numbers and I don't feel like watching every game again to count sacks, but anecdotally I definitely have the impression that Gross has had a rough year. Before you, I hadn't heard anyone say that he's been good.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I did call him good. Not great, good. 3 sacks is, on paper, very good, but I'm not looking to go that far, and you'd hope for dominant.

If the statement is "can Wharton be good enough?", I've made that statement. If the statement is "would Wharton be better?", I'm stating I don't believe he'd be as good.

7. Brick Hardwick

Brick Hardwick Senior Member

thats your problem, you rely on the middle school social club intellect of your cohorts(id say friends, but lets be for real) to tell you wether someone is any good-your talent evaluation is very poor

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

No cares what you think, Brick. Stop disrupting threads by posting. You are irrelevant.

9. Brick Hardwick

Brick Hardwick Senior Member

you never disappoint-no facts no substance just an opinion...thats not what your mom said

i just say what everyone but your butt buddies already thinks of you....if you werent such a douche id feel sorry for you
    you have no advanced or superior knowlege of the game, you cant for the life of you make a cogent fact based argument-you are a basher plain and simple
    If you believe that posting here makes you relevent you need help-the only thing i disrupt is your incessant stream of self promotion

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  10. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

That's a freakin GREAT idea for Gross for 2009. I would actually hope someone takes that offer, and if not, no loss. Draft a DT in the 2nd and a G/T (best available) in the 3rd.