1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Park Nation......

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Well, Coach K himself had to stop a game to bitch out Duke fans because of how unsupportive they have been. That was only what, two years ago?

How do I know that NCSU would get rocked, the same reason I know Charlotte could never beat St. Joe's, the matchups.

They have no one on their roster that could guard Eddie Basden or Curtis Withers. They would stretch to guard Demon and Plav and we would have a field day on the inside. They are two small to get inside againt our frontcourt, and their team doesn't shoot well enough from behind the 3-pt arc to light us up. No facet of NCSU's game works against Charlotte. They probably aren't even faster than us, but that's something I could only really see in a head to head matchup. If you switch to the Man to Man, Eddie and Mitch will attack the basket. Go to a zone and you have Eddie, Brendan and Demon waiting to drill the 3.

2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

so a coach stopped a game in progress to tell the crowd to get into it huh?

you may be the biggest niner moron I've seen yet on the board

that's quite an accomplishment too.

you should be proud

3. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

You can talk matchups all you want, but somebody has a bad day or the team has an off day, you lose. A W is never guaranteed. And no way would UNCC blow State out. They lost to St. Louis today.

Coach K might have bitched out the fans once or twice, but that was probably because the noise level was only "loud" as opposed to "deafening". Have you ever been to a game at Cameron? There's not a group of more vocal fans anywhere.

Anyway, I like the Niners. I pull for all the NC teams except them boys wearing baby blue. I still think Niners would only be middle of the pack at best this year in the ACC.

I'm beginning to wonder if Carolina is gonna even make the tournament. They've got to win all 6 of their remaining games to win 20, 4 out of 6 to finish 500 in the league, and 4 just to win 18 games. If they lose 3 out of the last 6, they may have to win the ACC tournament to even make the NCAA field. They still have Maryland, FSU, at Virginia, at State, Clemson, and at Duke. I would say the only guaranteed W they have there is Clemson.

4. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Except for the fact that Clemson can light them up. Haha.

A conference game is different from an OOC game, as every ACC fan will tell you when they lose to a suck ass team like Clemson. Especially on the road at a place you can't win at.

I'm not saying the Niners would dominate the ACC, they would dominate NCSU.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

NC STATE rocks and your sound abit jealous........when you talk of ACC Basketball.....its DUKE and NC STATE, the rest are bunched up.

i would stop digging ................the hole is pretty deep already, metro ohhh
    bait.

:roflmao:

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

This is pretty typical of everything I've seen in this thread. Everyone knows for damn sure that one team would beat another if they played. Nobody knows. It's what makes ACC and CUSA ball so great to be a part of.

And, Powerbait, please explain to the rest of the class how you're "not saying the Niners would dominate the ACC, they would dominate NCSU." I want you to start with this statement: "I know NCSU has ONLY LOST 2 GAMES IN THE ACC THIS YEAR..."

This will be good.

7. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Okay, we match up well with NCSU, we don't necessarily match up well against every team in the ACC. Obviously, your record matters more than the players on the team and how they compare with players on our team.

I called Charlotte getting blown out by Memphis because they match up well against us. That doesn't mean that Memphis could beat Syracuse, or Cincy at Cincy. They couldn't beat DePaul, and we did. It's all about how the teams stack up against one another.

Is that so hard for State fans to understand? You're right, though, I can't say for sure that it would happen, because anything could happen. You COULD beat Duke, but it's not likely. So, there you go, you COULD beat Charlotte, but it's not likely.

8. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Damn I can't believe I turned that game off. Louisville was up by 7 with 3 min left.

What happened?

I'm shocked, good job Charlotte.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Notice I never said I thought State would absolutely beat Charlotte. I tend to be more realistic. I'd like to think it would be a close game.

I think it would be pretty cool for Charlotte to run into an ACC team or 2 in the Dance, just to see y'all get all riled up.:D

10. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

We have to make it past the first round or two first. I don't think that we will see any ACC teams in the first two rounds. If so, it will be fun to talk shit, but as usual, some acc fans will get on the rag and take things personally.

I'm just waiting to hear how NCSU is going to matchup with Charlotte from a state fan that explains how they can beat us. Normally, you could say the perimeter, but from what I have seen of NCSU, the team isn't strong enough from behind the arc (like perimeter orinented Memphis) to hurt us and undersized down low. We have a better scoring backcourt and frontcourt. Your team is strong at driving to the hoop, but whoever you put in at the 3 is going to have to go against Eddie Basden, one of the best defenders in the nation. He shut down Dewayne Wade last year as a Sophomore, that's just the first example that comes to mind. He absolutly made Dejuan Wagner look stupid, but (sadly) he plays so hard he can't play all forty minutes.