1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Park Nation......

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Feb 13, 2004.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

I don't know about riot. Hubbub sure....maybe a commotion, but riot?

2. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I'm just glad my school's hoops team sucks so I don't have to worry about any of this. I figure we'll REALLY suck when we start ACC play next year so enjoy pummeling us for years to come.

3. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

VA Tech? Seth Greenburg? If so, my condolences.

4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Yup. We blow. The good news is all the new $$$ coming in should mean we get a new arena. We'd BETTER build a new arena anyway. Cassell is a dump. Hell, it was a dump when I was there from 87-92.

5. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

true this all started when I showed up. I started a thread, but it is not mandatory to respond, but some chose to, so shake it off.

wydd, here is what you have to understand about the Charlotte fan: we know the last 10 years, we have been a top 40-50 program with 7 or so NCAA appearances in the last decade and advance several times to the round of 32. But what all of us Niner fans have in common is the look of surprise and denial if any of this comes up with an ACC fan...especially the ACC fan that didn't get out of high school..or your typical elitist Heel grad. Just because the ACC was the best hoop conference in the 80's doesn't mean that all other basketball does NOT exist. To ad fuel to all this fire, the ACC WILL NOT PLAY the Niners, in order to protect what was once a fertile recruiting ground. So we constantly hear from ACC fans how any ACC team would kill Charlotte. So until the ACC grows a nutsack and plays Charlotte from time to time, this cycle will repeat itself, the redneck ACC fan will be in denial, and the Charlotte fan will always be wanting a piece of the ACC.

6. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

One of the few things as certain as death and taxes is that any college hoops team with Seth Greenburg as its head coach will suck balls. It doesn't matter who you recruit. He had BB Walden & Altron Jackson for 4 years and couldn't even make the NCAA tournament. Any decent coach would have ridden them to multiple bids and probably a Sweet 16 at some point. At least he's a quote machine.

7. 49erFan1

49erFan1 Junior Member

Here's my very biased 2 cents on the whole 49er v. ACC Debate. I think the 49ers would play very well in the ACC. They have a very talented team who's only real problem is they tend to play down (see stupid losses to GW, RI, SLU) to their oppenents. Sometimes it really ends up costing them big (Memphis). However we've handled all our business against any and every big boy we've faced this year. If you think that State, UNC, or Wake would just wax us, you're dead wrong. I don't like the Matchup with State because they have big men who can shoot the 3 ball well, but I'd love to get our hands on Carolina. Their inability to play this thing called transition defense would give us a great matchup. I'll say this, Charlotte would definitely be top 5 in the ACC. Any doubts about it will be erased in March.

8. TimTam

TimTam El Chupacabra

you have to be kidding me. I like UNCG but I am not saying they could be Top 5 in C-USA...keep your perspective man.

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Including all you Niners. Only one of you stepped up to the plate and took them to win - and that was Hootie.

10. 49erFan1

49erFan1 Junior Member

Top 5 in ACC

What's so unrealistic about that, here's a team thats won @ SIU, @ Syracuse, @ Cincinatti, home vs. Louisville. They play their best against tougher competition. You mean to tell me that Charlotte couldn't beat teams like Clemson, FSU, Virginia, Maryland and win a couple of games against GT, UNC, State or Wake. If you think the ACC is that good, March will be a rude awakening

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004