1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Carolina Hurricanes' started by Playa, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

HOly fuck!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Full Access Member

Yinzer called me at work to tell me the exciting news. I didn't even get one word in. I could barely even understand what he was saying he was talking so fast.

3. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

more deals rolling in per TSN:
    Leafs send F Chad Kilger to Panthers for 3rd round pick; Coyotes send F Fredrik Sjostrom, F Josh Gratton, G David Leneveu to Rangers for F Marcel Hossa and G Al Montoya; Isles send D Marc-Andre Bergeron to Ducks for 3rd round pick; Kings send D Brad Stuart to Wings for a 2nd and 4th round pick; Kings trade G J.S. Aubin to Ducks for a 7th round pick.

EDIT--
    this deal affects the Charlotte Checkers--the extra bodies in the Rangers deal will likely end up in the AHL in Hartford. Hence, the Checkers are getting G Chris Holt, F Jared Nightengale, and F Tommy Pyatt.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

fuck the Checkers.

5. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

That was uncalled for....you're just pissed the G-Boro Generals folded their tents...but that's another thread.

6. Playa

That pick is a 1st rounder. I keep going back and forth wondering if we gave up to much for a free agent. I actually have a fucking upset stomach. Guy on the radio on the way home liked the trade, made me feel a bit better. They need to sign him but they couldn't possibly could they? Esposito reminds me of Radek Bonk. wtrf wow

7. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

guys I have spoken with in the league about the Hossa trade say the Thrashers wouldn't have done the deal without Espo in the mix. Espo is supposed to be sick good, but if Pitt wins the Cup, no one will remember Espo...until of course, he starts to light things up in the show.

8. Playa

Espo was set to0 be #1 overall when he was 16 but his stock fell. I think it was a lazy attitude but I can't remember now. Reminds me of a Yashin. I guess hoping his career tanks wont help the Pens any, but it would make me feel better/.

9. Playa

Do you think the Pens will sign Hossa? They can talk contract with Malkin after this year.

10. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

so? I can be a bitch about it in any thread that I want. There were 13 of us Generals fans that showed up every night. They didn't care about us :(